This internship is posted on USF Career’s Handshake site:
This internship is posted on USF Career’s Handshake site:
Fall Semester 2018
This internship provides a practical and meaningful internship experience by working closely with professionals in the Development and Marketing Departments of a well-respected area non-profit agency. Students will have the ability to directly utilize their skills to help increase and enhance the organization’s awareness. They will routinely work on projects that will expose them to the full-range of programs and services offered by the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay.
*Concept and create internal marketing pieces including posters and signage
*Concept and create brochures, one-sheets, and other collateral materials
*Develop advertising and social media graphics to help increase awareness of the Crisis Center in the community
*Assist with design projects such as invitations or special event materials
*Assist with design-related projects for the Crisis Center’s website
*Knowledge of video production a plus, but not necessary
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a resume and work samples to the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay’s Senior Director of Marketing & PR, Ken Gibson at email@example.com
Date posted 03/30/2018
Requisition Number: 214396BRLocation: United States – Florida – St. PetersburgA
rea of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Internship/Trainee, News, Television/Programming
Position Type: Intern
About Spectrum Networks Internship: Spectrum Networks is seeking talented, creative, technical, highly self-motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team of interns! From first interview through program completion, we offer students a competitive and exciting learning experience which will position you for future news/sports journalism and production opportunities. We take great pride in nurturing up-and-coming stars of tomorrow by providing a behind-the-scenes look at Spectrum News and/or Spectrum Sports. Selected candidates will gain a unique opportunity to work alongside award-winning employees who support the organization’s growth, subscriber retention and profitability.
About Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a suite of 27 News Channels and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels. With live events, in-depth shows and exclusive local programming, Spectrum Networks is dedicated to the lives and interests of Spectrum customers.
Experience You Will Gain: Spectrum Networks Internships provides you with meaningful, real-world experience that will aid in developing confidence and marketable skills for the future. Our for-credit Internship will provide you with experiential learning in a professional setting that integrates what you have learned in the classroom. The experience of being a Spectrum Networks Intern will provide you with invaluable experiences in news and sports, and will also allow you to develop your professional skills. You will expand your network and build upon your current resume, all while having fun! Upon the successful completion of the program you will earn a stipend as a thank you for participating.
Internship Dates: June 4 – August 10
Spectrum Networks offers internship opportunities in the following areas:
• Traffic Reporting: The traffic reporting intern will learn the state of the art systems used to translate information about traffic conditions into readily consumable traffic reports as well as the importance of old fashioned information gathering in that process. The intern will shadow the traffic reporter in the field and will assist in the production of traffic stories.
• Digital Media: Assist in the creation, editing and publishing of digital content; assist staff with production of interactive features and contribute to social media initiatives.
• Meteorology: Shadow and work closely with staff meteorologists on developing forecasts and updating graphics for on-air use.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete core assignment (noted above) provided by the respective department and/or functional area
• Complete portfolio project, individually or group based determined by manager
• Attend internship development activities as scheduled
• Shadow Spectrum Networks Team Members
• Participate in rotating opportunities where applicable
• Be enthusiastic, communicative and open to learning new things every day!
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well with diverse populations
• Ability to interface with internal company personnel and build relationships
• Requires ability to adapt proactively and positively solve problems
Eligibility Requirements: Only the best and brightest need apply. To be considered for a Spectrum Networks internship you must:
1. Be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm degree program
2. Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
3. Students must be 18 years of age or older
4. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
5. Must be willing to participate for a term of 10 weeks (20-25 hours weekly)
6. Must agree not to miss more than three (3) days of the internship program
7. Willing and able to uphold a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, and breaking news events
8. Must receive course credit for participation in the program
9. One (1) letter of recommendation
• Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
• Majors in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Sports Business, Marketing, Finance etc.,
• Previous internship experience
• Demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities a plus
• Office environment
• Occasional local travel where applicable
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MIDNIGHT FRIDAY, MARCH 23
WUSF Public Media is looking for college students ready to work in and contribute to a professional newsroom that serves one of the largest media markets in the United States.
Our USF Zimmerman School digital news interns work with a graduate assistant and the WUSF news team researching, writing and producing stories for online platforms and sometimes for radio broadcast.
WUSF is a public media newsroom, meaning it’s not all about breaking news here. Interns will develop solid journalism skills, and get a better understanding of explaining why a story matters not just to students on a university campus, but to nearly 5 million people living in the region.
The WUSF/ZSchool digital internships are for one semester and will begin around the start of the upcoming semester. An orientation will take place during the first or second week of classes.
Digital Interns are eligible to receive one-hour internship credit for this experience.
Applicants should be good writers who are able to take constructive criticism during the editing process.
Duties: Students spend one full day a week working on assignments, conducting interviews, shooting still photos and videos and writing news stories on deadline for an audience that lives in 13 Tampa Bay-area counties.
Average Number of Hours Per Week: 8 hours per week
Schedule: 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. one day a week (Monday-Friday). No partial day shifts are available.
Minimum qualifications: Applicants must admitted to the USF Zimmerman School of Advertising and Mass Communications in Tampa.
Preferred qualifications: The ideal candidate will be an active consumer of local and national news (including NPR) and should have knowledge of or has taken courses related to journalism, communications and/or public broadcasting. Experience reporting and writing for other publications, including student newspapers and stations, is strongly encouraged.
The Office for Undergraduate Research Needs Your Expertise!
The Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) is seeking two students to join our marketing team during the Spring 2018 semester. Interns will help shape and execute the branding campaign for the 2018 Undergraduate Research Conference. Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to: creating marketing videos and social media spots to market the event, interviewing conference presenters and attendees, designing and attending campus events to promote the conference, creating press releases, reaching out to local news organization to publicize the event, and additional task as outlined by the OUR marketing team. Please see position details and application criteria below:
Position Criteria: Applicants must…
***Mass Communications majors specializing in multimedia journalism and production, public relations, and advertising are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Details: Interns will…
How to Apply:
Please send a professional resume and a statement of interest to the OUR Assistant Director, Lisa M. Piazza- firstname.lastname@example.org . The statement should describe your skills, background, and experience relevant to the position.