Public Relations Internship at Moffitt Cancer Center
Do you love writing? Do you like to have fun? Do you want to join a creative, dynamic team that’s making a difference in the fight against cancer? If you answered yes, you may be the next intern in Public Relations & Strategic Communication Department at Moffitt Cancer Center.
Work Responsibilities and Projects:
- Draft basic public relations materials including, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, appeal letters, and other materials as directed
- Meet with faculty to discuss and develop proactive pitching ideas
- Create reports on media coverage
- Send newsworthy items to appropriate Moffitt physicians, researchers, administrators and staff
- Coordinate logistics for video and photo shoots
- Compile and update media contact databases
- Research and draft articles for Moffitt publications
- Develop social media content to promote Moffitt publications
- Update MOFFITT.org website
- Monitor and engage in Moffitt’s social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest)
- Assist with video shoots
- Assist with the promotion of community relations outreach and events
- Support the development and execution of community relations events
This unpaid internship (approximately 20 hours per week) is open to college students. Applicants should have completed coursework in public relations, journalism and/or communications. Prior internships in public relations or journalism are a plus. Please email your résumé, cover letter and writing samples to:
Kim Polacek, APR, CPRC
Senior Public Relations Account Coordinator
Moffitt Cancer Center
December 15, 2017
Organization: ReDefiners World Languages
Department: Public Relations
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (Some Saturdays)
Number of Openings: Two
Hours Per Week: 16 Hours/week; 200 hours
Length of Commitment: 13 Weeks/Spring
Course Credit: 2 Credit Hours
● Office- 2156 University Square
Mall, Tampa, FL 33612
● Field Work in Tampa, FL
Compensation: Unpaid Internship; possible
Contact: Chantelle Daniels,
CDaniels@redefinerswl.org ; 813-530-2313
Who Are We?
ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. Education in global communication is paramount in developing cognitive skills, creating opportunities for upward mobility, and establishing a foundation to excel in an ever increasing globalized society. We strive to provide local language learning opportunities in Arabic, Spanish and Mandarin through our enrichment program to our children regardless of socioeconomic background.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Strategic development of social media engagement
● Manage Google Ads Content Creation
● SEO Optimization
● Print and Digital Media content optimization & creation to appeal to various
stakeholders: Prospective donors, participants, program partners, volunteers, event
sponsors and participants
● Write Press Releases
● Increase program enrollment
● Build social media donor database
Send cover letter, resume and recent transcripts to jobs@ReDefinersWL.org Attention Chantelle
ReDefiners World Languages Inc.
Language Learning ReDefined…for a Brighter Future!
Web: http://www.redefinerswl.org Email: Info@redefinerswl.org Phone: 813-530-2313
College students and recent graduates looking to gain real-world public relations experience are encouraged to apply for B2 Communications’ public relations internship program. B2 is currently accepting applications for PR interns.
Each semester, two PR interns assist the B2 team with tasks such as drafting press releases, brainstorming media pitches, developing social media content, assisting with research, and preparing client reports.
In the past, our PR interns have worked on projects for clients such as Sunstar Paramedics, St. Petersburg Free Clinic, SPCA Tampa Bay, The Tampa Bay 100, Krewe of Sant’ Yago Knight Parade and others. Read about our former interns’ experiences in Fall 2017, Summer 2017, Summer 2016 and Spring 2016.
B2 interns are encouraged to attend PRSA and FPRA events to further their career development and network with other PR professionals. Previously, our PR interns had the opportunity to tour the Bay News 9 studio and learn insider tips on how to pitch a TV newsroom.
B2’s ideal candidate for the PR internship meets the following requirements:
– Completed some public relations or journalism classes
– Excellent writing and organizational skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Instagram)
– Available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, preferably two to three full days
PR interns are an integral part of the account team at B2 Communications. As a boutique agency, B2’s PR interns benefit from working closely with the staff and agency principals on client projects.
See below for a full job description and directions on how to apply.
B2 Communications Internship Opportunity
B2 Communications is seeking a motivated and ambitious public relations intern. B2 Communications moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects and meet deadlines. B2 interns work closely with B2’s staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance and help throughout the internship period.
Description of Common Internship Tasks:
– Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
– Research relevant media contacts through Cision and other outlets
– Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
– Compile databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce
– Reports directly to Account Coordinators and Account Executives with additional direction from Account Managers and Principals
– Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
– Must have strong attention to detail
– Must be a junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
– Understanding of Cision and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus
– Involvement with PRSSA or PRSA preferred
– Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media
– Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
– Preferably 2 to 3 full days per week
– $10 per hour
– Can apply toward credit, if university or college allows
To apply: Email your resume and a writing sample to Lenora Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REPORTS TO: QC Manager and Director of Marketing
JOB PURPOSE: Inspection of Wish Farms’ berries on-site at specific retail locations, Brand Representative
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
Founded in 1922 and third-generation owned, Wish Farms is a year-round supplier of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries with growing regions throughout the USA, Canada, and South America. Nationally recognized for quality and innovation, Wish Farms is an industry leader marketing and shipping produce for independent growers for over 90 years.
We have a flexible, part-time and seasonal opportunity available for an outgoing and friendly individual to join our Marketing team as an In-Store Quality Control Representative in Plant City, FL. No prior experience necessary.
The Representative is responsible for traveling to and inspecting berries at specific grocery stores in Central Florida.
Qualified individuals will need to be organized, observant, self-sufficient, and carry themselves with professionalism as they will be representing the Wish Farms brand in public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Each representative will be assigned a specific territory of stores, which they will visit once per month.
- As an extension of Wish Farms’ customer service, the rep will introduce themselves, interact and establish rapport with produce managers and/or store associates. They will be expected to answer questions or concerns of store staff as well as provide educational materials.
- Communication available for a weekly check-in/update call for 30 min.
- Reflect Wish Farms’ core values: Quality, Integrity, and Responsiveness
- Friendly and approachable attitude
- Willingness to travel short and/or long distances (All mileage is reimbursed)
- Reliable vehicle
- iPhone or Android phone
- Proper attire and grooming (Wish Farms’ shirts will be provided)