Women’s Tennis Association, St. Petersburg, FL
Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Job Title: Intern, Communications
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Coordinator, Communications
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with media monitoring and reporting
- Distributing daily clippings report
- Weekly champion’s clips
- Building media contact lists and maintaining contact databases
- Writing media notes for tournaments scheduled throughout the 2018 season
- Organize the monthly department call and other departments calls, taking and sharing minutes
- Updating rolling documents for department use (issues management, WTA statements, etc.)
- Assist with updating Player Toolkits
- Research best practices across other organizations
- Research and update historical data
- Assist with Tour publications including weekly newsletter
- Special projects, as required
Ideal Experience and Traits
- The candidate must be recently graduated or currently enrolled in college/university
- Studies and/or experience in the area of Communications, Public Relations, Digital Media and/or Marketing
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Advanced computer experience using word processing and spreadsheets
- Confidential and dependable
- Tennis knowledge preferred, not required
To apply send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
For more information about the interships, contact:
Edward L. Kennedy I, customer success manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visual Coordination – live television production, with an emphasis on product display for retail TV
TV Production – Stage Managing, Audio Operations, Assistant Directing, Graphics Operations, & Robotic/Jib/Handheld Camera Operations
Visual Productions– Scenic – set design, construction building & painting. Lighting – daily lighting set-up and maintaining the lighting of sets. Set Styling – set decoration, painting & propping (interior design) – including setting-up & striking of all sets.
Set Styling – set decoration, painting & propping (interior design) – including setting-up & striking of all sets
Supervisor Producing/Associate Producer – preproduction of show notes to make great on-air presentations/demonstrations, exciting events and stellar shows while using content/assets (like b-roll/graphics/before & after shots etc.)
Assistant Producer – working within producing department to gain a better understanding and experience in a live show atmosphere exposure on working with live show team, hosts, guests, partners and other departments that touch the live show
Fashion Stylist – Styling of the Models for the live show in learning
Talent Relations – designed to provide an overview of the HSN Talent Department. Visibility to scouting, casting, booking with insight into host show planning, guest training and coordination
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Internships are unpaid and are offered for school credit only
- An interest in and enthusiasm for a career in television
- Juniors and Seniors Only
- Be available for a minimum of 2-3 days per week. Some schedules can be flexible to accommodate intern’s other commitment’s which is built around the total number of hours needed to complete internship.
- If applicable, are able to provide their own travel and housing near our studios in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Have FUN while you are learning!! To apply, visit https://jobs.hsn.com/category/internship-jobs/565/29299/1
Intern, Communications – Minor League Baseball
The Communications Intern assists the Communications department for the summer and fall semester (June-December) with a variety of administrative tasks. Candidates must be available to be present in the designated area(s) during the entirety of the internship.
Reports to: Senior Director, Communications
Location: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Work Hours: Up to 30 hours a week
- Assist in writing and editing press releases, brochures and newsletters
- Assist with the production of the MiLB Information Guide for the following year
- Assist with Player of the Month Award selection and notification process
- Process orders for MiLB publications
- Produce and edit department and event-specific newsletters using HTML code
- Proof web and print materials for consistency, grammatical errors and formatting
- Perform various research projects for clubs, leagues, media and fans, as assigned
- Compile, calculate and distribute attendance information
- Assist in writing scripts for Baseball Winter Meetings and other affiliated events
- Assist and support other departments through research, data collection and compilation, proofreading, etc.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Senior Director, Communications
Education & Experience:
- Possess or currently be in the process of completing a Bachelors degree in a related area of study with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with HTML code/website/electronic newsletter coding, proofreading, Adobe systems, social media competency and MS Office preferred
Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of the InDesign program
- Organizational, customer service, interpersonal, multi-tasking, creative thinking and oral and written communication skills required
- Must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- No travel is expected in this position
- Must be able to be present in St. Petersburg, Florida during entirety of internship
- Professional office environment; this position uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Primarily sedentary role; however, some filing required including the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool or lift up to 40 pounds as necessary
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening and social security verification
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates will send cover letter and resume to Sean Brown at SBrown@MiLB.com with “Intern, Communications/Applicant Name” in the subject line.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Minor League Baseball is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Paid Internship – Communications
Part-Time, St. Petersburg, Florida
(Approximately 20 hours per week, for a period of two semesters.)
In this paid internship based in the Tampa Bay area, you will support the Florida AARP State Office communication activities, including:
- Writing and researching news releases, media advisories and other media-relations materials
- Researching, creating and managing social media and web sites; checking facts related to news items
- Assisting in planning and executing special events
- Writing broadcast scripts and feature stories for AARP websites and newsletters
- Monitoring media coverage of AARP and targeted issues (such as Social Security, Medicare, financial fraud and retirement security)
- Adding a major national brand to your resume.
- Getting paid and gaining valuable hands-on experience
- Receiving coaching and mentoring by well-established communications pros.
- And performing other duties as required.
Applicant must be:
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program leading to a Bachelor’s/Master’s in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Understanding of the news gathering process and news writing experience
- Have computer skills including Word, Excel, Windows, and Adobe
- Have the ability to work independently, contribute to a team, exercise initiative
- And able to work a maximum of 20 hours a week.
Prefer Junior, Senior and Graduate level candidates.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and two recommendation letters from a professor or staff supervisor by 5 p.m. Monday, November 7, 2016 to Communications Manager Dave Bruns email@example.com. Please include “AARP Communications Intern Application” and your name in the email subject line.
This is responsible professional work in the City’s Marketing and Communications Department, preparing digital content, interacting with social media and performing public relations efforts designed to improve local, regional, and national level awareness of City services, activities, programs, materials, plans and projects. Work involves responsibility in assisting in the development and implementation of digital marketing strategies and content management for all social networks; assisting in the development of measurable, integrated, interactive campaigns and products in order to achieve strategic marketing plans through public digital content, media, and other effective forms of information dissemination; establishing professional working relationships with media personnel to develop and expand outlets for public information; This position requires the exercise of considerable independent judgment, ingenuity, creativity, and initiative in completing assigned tasks.
For more information, download: Digital and Media Specialist 02-25-16 Table