Public Relations Internship
- As a public relations intern, you exemplify our behaviors, drive quality work and support the public relations members by creating a positive and collaborative environment.
- You will work in close partnership and collaboration with department leadership and all of the internal team members of the firm.
- This is an unpaid internship for college credit. However, we will reimburse you for parking.
- Reports directly to PR Coordinator and reports indirectly to Assistant Director, PR
- Strong collaborative cross functional relationships with Account Services, Media, Creative, Public Relations, Social Media, and Finance
- Craft successful and creative press releases and media pitches for PR clients
- Use Cision to conduct media research and create distribution lists
- Engage with the media and influencers
- Participate in PR coordination, brainstorming and strategy sessions
- Participate and assist with coordination of off-site client events such as media days, broadcast tapings and more
- Monitor and clip client coverage using PR platforms such as TVEyes, BurrellesLuce and Meltwater
- Shadows public relations team members on direct contact with clients (calls, meetings, emails, files, etc.)
- Assist in the development of monthly client reports
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment
- Promotes an open and safe working environment
- Positively contributes to the company culture on a daily basis
- Be nice, fun, smart, creative and have a playful sense of humor
- Have strong organizational and excellent time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Applicants should be in their junior or senior year of college. Preferred some internship experience at a PR agency or in a PR role.
Send cover letter and resume to Holly Lanier: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Communications College
Division: Sar/Man-Info Tech
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9601 / Comm. & Mktg. Officer Hiring Salary/
Salary Range: $38,000 – $41,000
Position Number: 00025969
ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY: The Communications & Marketing office at USF Sarasota-Manatee is responsible for developing internal and external communications strategies to share the university’s story with the community, the region and the world. The department oversees advertising, messaging, branding, public relations, media relations, graphic design, video production, the university website, and official university social media channels.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position coordinates all digital marketing and communications efforts for the campus to help grow the awareness of strategic initiatives, programs and events. The person will help coordinate all major projects submitted to the Communications & Marketing office with a focus on external communications, advertising campaigns and event promotion. The coordinator oversees the official university social media accounts, works with the Director of Communications and Marketing to plan and implement advertising strategies, develops and maintains communications plans for email marketing and serves as a project manager for all major campaigns and projects. This position requires someone who is extremely organized and task oriented and is able to plan for long-term projects and while also remaining flexible to shuffle priorities at a moment’s notice. This person should have experience in project management, advertising, digital marketing and social media strategy. The Digital Marketing Coordinator must be a strong writer with experience in creating integrated Communications & Marketing plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Plans and develops advertising campaigns and monitors and reports on results of campaigns. Plans and executes strategy for social media content and promotion. Serves as project manager for large scale projects and campaigns. Oversees email marketing and event promotion. Assists with publicity of events through social media, photography, and videography.
MINIMUM: A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media or a related field and 1-3 years’ experience working in Communications and Marketing Office or agency setting. Strong writing skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time. Experience with project management and the creative services process. Experience with using social media for advertising and knowledge of content development techniques for social media and email marketing.
PREFERRED: Experience in higher education or an agency who works with higher education clients. Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Slack Communications, Asana Project Management Software, MailChimp email marketing, multiple Content Management Systems and all social media platforms.
SPECIAL SKILLS/TRAINING: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Storify, WordPress, Web design, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office, etc. TO
APPLY: Click on the Apply Now button. When applying you will have the opportunity to attach documents as your resume. Please attach both a cover letter and resume as one document. Only online applications through the USF Careers website will be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Apply through the USF Career Database. Job ID 16780. http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/browse-apply-for-job-openings.aspx
• Candidate must be present with the current marketing trends
• Knowledge in Hockey and Figure Skating
• Must be well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have some experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Assist in creation of marketing material for all Florida Hospital Center Ice programs.
• Communicate with departments to ensure programs are promoted correctly & on time.
• Take photographs of all programs and events that occur within the facility.
• Conduct research of current marketing strategies and prepare and present reports.
• Conduct a SWOT analysis to ensure goals are being met.
• Create surveys for departments to send out to participants at the end of every session or event to
ensure we make each session/event better than the last.
• Assist with media production and digital advertisements.
• Assist with Digital Signage and putting together new screens to keep it fresh and up-to-date.
• Distribute brochures and posters to local running stores, hotels, community boards, restaurants,
coffee shops, etc.
• Attend Florida Hospital Center Ice owned programs and events in an effort to promote our other
programs to those participants.
EVENT MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
• Must be well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have some experience with event management
• Must have experience with customer service
• Assist full-time staff with day-to-day operations and event planning.
• Assist Event Coordinator in setting up and breaking down events.
• Answer incoming calls and assist in answering inquiries about Florida Hospital Center Ice and
• Manage projects for events and serve on the event committee.
• Conduct an Event Analysis & Report at the end of each event.
• Assist with coordinating the part-time staff, in terms of scheduling and day-of events.
• Be a point of contact during events for when the Event Coordinator is unavailable.
• Communicate all event details to departments to ensure all hands are on deck during the events.
• Create a timeline of events, if needed.
• Keep a database of all events that occur within the facility.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
• Candidate must be familiar with the Tampa Bay Area
• Must have some experience in community relations and event management
• Must be detail-oriented and have basic customer service skills
• Go around the local community promoting the facility.
• Visit schools with mascot to promote programs and fundraisers.
• Attend community events promoting specifc programs, fundraisers, events and more.
• Work closely with the Marketing and Events department.
• Conduct research to ensure we are attending all events around the community that relate to our
facility and target audience.
• Assist the Event Coordinator with our fundraiser program.
• Build relationships and partnerships with local businesses and communities.
• Support marketing initiatives and represent the organization at events.
2018 Internship Program
Click on attachment for more information: FHCI Internship Program (3)
Contact: Morgan Conlin: email@example.com
- Write/edit for the Masters Basketball Association website, newsletter and event program.
- Assist with social media planning – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Assist with promotion of the event.
- Assist with the planning of the Welcome Banquet program.
- Assist with Marketing Communications.
Among the responsibilities:
- Assist with player database management
- Assist in reporting game scores
- Assist in updating team and player stats from scoresheets
- Assist in hosting media covering the event
- If needed, assist with Welcome Banquet
Knowledge of basketball, experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
Trifecta Team PR
IT Manager – Sarasota, FL
WWSB ABC-7 in Sarasota, FL is seeking an IT Manager. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable of the television engineering field, including broadcast IT systems and their integrations. This includes news productions systems, master control automation, satellite automation, studio systems, news aggregation systems, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 4 yrs work experience in information technology (IT). Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals. Software and hardware support, troubleshooting skills. Expert knowledge in Desktop and Server Operating Systems- Windows, Linux, OS X. Familiarity with major PC applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc. Strong verbal and written communication skills. MSCE certification is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate has:
Effective Communication Skills, both written and oral
Adaptability, flexibility, self-motivation, problem solving, analytical thinking, good time management skills and the ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
Ability to work independently and on a team at the same time
Methodical, organized and detail oriented work habits
Vendor relations/contract experience a plus
The candidate must be available “on-call” for technical issues during odd hours (nights/weekends) and work cooperatively with staff engineers/technicians and other department managers. Candidates should also be comfortable on ladders, able to lift 40-80 lbs., and be able to perform other physical tasks related to equipment/infrastructure installation.
Qualified applicants, to apply online go to: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/6828/it-manager/job and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Plastic Surgery and Dermatology Office Seeks Senior Level Intern Summer 2017 (paid)
About The Business: 360 Dermatology and Ambay Plastic Surgery, both located in Wesley Chapel, are two separate medical practices that operate under one roof. The businesses combine the talents of the husband-and-wife physician team of Aparna Ambay MD, a board-certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon, and Raj Ambay, MD a doubleboard-certified plastic surgeon.
Overview: Since both practices operate under one roof the intern will be expected to complete work for both sides of the practice. The intern must have an interest/passion for the beauty, health and aesthetics industry.
The intern will be expected to work around 15 hours per week. The days and times for work, as well as the wage will be discussed during the time of the interviewing process. Student must be a senior level marketing, communications or similar major. The student will need to have experience or have a background in digital marketing and communications. There is a possibility of employment opportunities available upon completion of the internship.
Responsibilities: • Assist in managing and making appropriate changes to the businesses websites • Perform keyword research for SEO purposes • Build the practices social media presence • Contribute to writing and creating content for the blog and social media • Complete market research on target audience • Contribute ideas to marketing projects • Upload and manage patient files and photos • Assist in planning of events and campaigns when applicable Qualifications: • Knowledge and experience in operating WordPress • Understanding of SEO and Google algorithms • Working knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop, Premiere Pro) • Effective communication skills and strong social media knowledge (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). • Strong writing skills • Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.
To Apply: Send your cover letter, resume and any writing or project samples to the Marketing Coordinator, Macy Gilliland via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.