IM RUSSERT FELLOWSHIP (TV Content & Production)/NBCUniversal/DC: The Tim Russert Fellowship will be awarded to one motivated, passionate graduating student interested in pursuing a career in political journalism. Deadline for app is April 27, 2018
The Tim Russert Fellowship
TV Content & Production
NBC News and MSNBC
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
· The deadline for the application for the 2018-2019 Fellowship is Friday, April 27, 2018 at 5PM Eastern Time.
· The Tim Russert Fellowship will be awarded to one motivated, passionate graduating student interested in pursuing a career in political journalism. The Fellowship is a one-year, paid position in the NBC News Washington, D.C. Bureau. The fellow will work on a rotational basis in several areas of the Washington Bureau including “Meet the Press” and the NBC News Political Unit. Responsibilities will include assisting talent and producers, participating in news shoots, and story research. The goal is to give a talented journalist the opportunity to be mentored by seasoned NBC News staff members and experience a yearlong “boot camp” in political journalism.
· This is a one-year position. The program runs twelve months and consists of several long-term rotations in the Washington, DC Bureau. Relocation expenses are not covered.
HOW TO APPLY
· Upload your resume, cover letter, and essay (maximum of 250 words).
· What role should the media play in our nation’s political discourse?
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or Political Science
· Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
· Active involvement in journalism through work experience, on campus media involvement and/or internships
· Applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
· Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
· Must be willing to sign a one year employment contract.
· Highly motivated individuals
· Commitment to Television News Production as a career
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
· Proven leadership skills
· Proven commitment to community service
· Familiarity shooting with digital camera
· Familiarity with desktop editing
District of Columbia
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.