- Social Media Student Assistant (18054): https://gems.fastmail.usf.edu:4440/psp/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=18054&PostingSeq=1
- Communications Student Assistant (18055): https://gems.fastmail.usf.edu:4440/psp/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=18055&PostingSeq=1
STUDENT GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Marshall Student Center (MSC) Graphic Designer assists with a wide variety of print and digital media projects promoting services and events to students from the Marshall Student Center and other departments within the Community Development & Student Engagement unit.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Marshall Student Center Communications & Marketing Officer in all aspects of this position.
Candidates should be comfortable working 15-20 hours/week. The compensation for this
position is $9.00/hour.
Projects may include but not limited to:
• Promotional Items/T-shirts
• LCD Screens
• Email Newsletters
• Clerical and other tasks as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Current USF student enrolled at the Tampa campus with availability to work consistent
weekday business hours (between 8 am – 6 pm).
• Demonstrated ability in graphic design
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator) and the creative and print
• Must have proven understanding of page design elements and file formatting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be organized and customer-service oriented.
• Knowledge of photography and videography, including video editing software,
especially Adobe After Effects.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter, resume, and online portfolio (or PDF examples) to Lisa Beebe at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than Friday, April 13, 2018.
- Account Executive/Graphic Designer – Dual Role
- Responsible for working with on campus departments, organizations, and events to sell advertisements in the newspaper. Will work with and assist other members of the sales team. Ideal candidate is organized, goal oriented, and has excellent communication skills.
- Creating and resizing advertisements for clients, creating cover art, laying out each day’s paper, and developing any graphic elements requested by the news team. Ideal candidate has experience in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, is creative, and has an eye for design.
- Eligible for internship credit
- Paid (hourly plus sales commission)
- 5 hours per week paid training starting October
- 20 hours per week starting in January
- Must be available to work starting January 2nd
- Apply to Gloria Roberts at email@example.com
THE USF LIBRARY NEEDS YOUR TALENT!
The Digital Media Commons is seeking a creative self-starter to fill a part-time DMC Specialist position. The main priority of this job is to run the DMC front desk, which includes checking patrons into the lab, checking equipment in and out, and answering questions about the Adobe Creative Cloud software for our patrons as needed. Customer service skills are essential. In addition, if you don’t have experience working with cameras or Adobe Creative Cloud software, you will be required to learn how to do this in order to best assist our patrons working on digital projects. Once you reach proficiency, you will also be required to conduct 45-minute one-on-one appointments with our patrons to help guide them in their photo/video projects.
Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is not required; however, an interest in graphic design and video production is crucial. We’re looking for people who enjoy working independently, and with a team, and are anxious to learn new skills!
If you are interested and feel that this describes you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Note that a Federal Work Study award is REQUIRED for this position and will be able to work up to 20 hours a week.
Job Summary: The Honors College seeks two Communications and Marketing Graduate Assistants. One GA will manage the College’s social media accounts and write for and/or design marketing and communication materials. One GA will help plan and coordinate College events. This may also include creating both printed and digital marketing material. Positions will be open until filled.
Nature of Work: This job reports to the Honors College Director of Communications and Marketing.
The Social Media Graduate Assistant will manage the College’s social media accounts. This will include creating and posting content, promoting and publishing events, photography and/or videography, and other duties as assigned.
The Special Events Graduate Assistant will manage multiple College events including commencement and convocation, as well as special events. This work will include managing event logistics, corresponding with guests, assisting with the creation of both printed and digital marketing material related to events.
Requirements: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communication, marketing, public relations, technical writing, digital media, business, or a related field. Applicants must be current graduate students at the University of South Florida in Tampa.
Compensation: Pay starts $13.52 per hour and a tuition fee waiver is available. Start date will be in May 2017 – working throughout summer with the possibility of continuing into the fall and spring semesters.
Contact: To apply please email your cover letter and resume to Amy Harroun at email@example.com.
Hourly Wage: $9.00 per hour
The Fitness Marketing Assistant will report to directly to the Graduate Assistant for Fitness and indirectly to the Campus Recreation Marketing Officers. The primary duties of the Fitness Marketing Assistant are to create marketing materials for fitness special events. This includes graphic design work, photography, and video recording and editing. Other duties include designing weekly social media content, attend weekly marketing meetings, tabling at events, and taking photo/video at fitness events as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design marketing materials for fitness programs and services i.e. flyers, social media graphics, and promotional videos.
- Designing fitness-related social media content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Attend weekly marketing meetings and act as liaison between marketing team and fitness admin team
- Promote fitness programs and services through tabling at various events on campus
- Regularly attend fitness events for photography/video recording for the purpose of acquiring future marketing materials
- Participate in other campus recreation departmental events, trainings, or meetings as needed/required
- Maintain current certifications related to personal training including CPR/First Aid/AED for the duration of the internship appointment
Average Number of Hours per Week: 15 hours per week
- Enrolled student at the USF Tampa Campus
- Available to work some weekdays, weeknights, and weekends
- General knowledge of fitness/recreation activities
- Experience designing and scheduling social media content
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with photography/video recording
- Basic graphic design experience and video editing
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience writing marketing plans
- Experience with social media management programs i.e. Hootsuite
Standard Learning Objectives:
As a result of this position, student will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic employability skills such as: timeliness to work, appropriate dress, interpersonal communication, and time management
- Receive and solicit feedback from supervisor and effectively apply feedback on the job
- Assess workplace and demonstrate how personal talents, skills, and knowledge fit into the employer’s goals, mission, and vision
- Demonstrate his or her professional brand (identity)
- Communicate transferable and functional skills to prospective employers
Additional Information for Applicants: The Campus Recreation fitness program is looking for a qualified applicant for the Fitness Marketing Assistant position. This position is critical to the successful promotion of fitness related programs and services. This position is great for a student looking for practical experience in multimedia, graphic design, and social media management to build resume and portfolio. This position is a one-year appointment and is eligible for renewal upon a successful evaluation. Applications must include a cover letter, resume, a visual portfolio of previous work if available, and 2 references. Deadline to apply for this position is Monday, April 17, 2017. Apply through Careers@USF, Job ID: 12715.
Contact Information for Questions about Recruitment: For more information please contact Molly Gower at 813-974-2778 or firstname.lastname@example.org