This is work preparing and editing manuscripts of draft legislation, amendments, and other publications of the Florida Legislature; marks manuscripts for grammar and usage, spelling, punctuation, style, and form; uses personal computers and relevant software; requires extended hours during each legislative session and up to twelve weeks preceding each regular session, which often includes evening and weekend hours.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Using the computer, prepares and edits manuscripts of draft legislation, amendments, and other publications according to accepted styles and formats.
- Edits manuscripts for grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and form and consults with and offers advice and suggestions to other staff on these matters.
- Revises manuscripts to include changes and proofreads to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in developing specifications for computer programs for various publications.
- Assists in research for and preparation of draft legislation, amendments, and other publications.
- Assists in training of proofreaders and others as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of English grammar and usage, spelling, punctuation, and composition.
- Knowledge of personal computers and relevant software.
- Knowledge of legislative and legal terminology and usage.
- Knowledge of Florida Statutes, Laws of Florida, and other legislative publications.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently with a high degree of accuracy and quality of content.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to perform consistently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain records.
- Ability to proofread text for typographical and grammatical errors and to make necessary corrections.
- Ability to research legal documents and references.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in English or Journalism.
Professional or nonprofessional experience in editorial work, journalism, technical writing, publishing, or a related field may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
Commensurate with experience.
The Legislature offers a competitive benefits package.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Qualified applicants should send a completed legislative application and resume to:
Office of House Administration
Florida House of Representatives
402 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Or email Lawanda.Williams@myfloridahouse.gov
Applications are available through the Florida Legislature’s website Online Sunshine at: http://www.leg.state.fl.us.
ACCOMMODATION FOR DISABILITY:
If an accommodation is needed for a disability, please notify Human Resources at (850) 488-6803.
Supporting the Account Services group, the assistant account executive (AAE) is responsible for accomplishing and coordinating tasks to aid in the completion of assigned marketing and advertising-related projects. The AAE interfaces with the account team on a regular basis throughout the day. In addition, s/he meets regularly with the operations and creative teams to ensure jobs are on track and to maintain and implement any project updates. The AAE also tracks industry news concerning the accounts and implements relevant research tasks for the account team. The AAE performs tasks independently with limited direct supervision and stays in direct contact with clients and SAEs on a daily basis, reporting on progress for all projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
-Meets regularly with account and operations team to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients.
-Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
-Works closely with SAEs on advertising/marketing strategy for each client.
-Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, emails and faxes.
-Captures clear and detailed notes to share after both internal agency and external client meetings.
-Checks and manages approval of creative/production materials, estimates, copy, layouts and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
-Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
-Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
-Performs daily entry of billing information into Workamajig software, verifying and updating information as needed.
-Researches and keeps apprised of relevant client/industry news.
-Conducts him- or herself outside the agency in a manner in keeping with the firm’s core values and guiding principles.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
-High school degree or equivalent.
-Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications/public relations or a related field.
-Minimum of one to two years of business experience supporting a marketing or sales group.
-Account coordination experience desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
-Keen attention to detail.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills.
-Ability to work independently and effectively, in teams and individually; a self-starter.
-Ability to generate ideas, think quickly and consult with clients.
-Ability to maintain confidential customer and company information.
-Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
-Solid organizational and follow-up skills.
-Skills in effectively organizing work, files, records, etc., to maintain efficient workflow.
-PC skills, including standard Microsoft Office and other office software programs.
-Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
-Ability to understand and follow directions, meet deadlines and work independently.
-Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to other employees of the organization.
-Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers and decimals; ability to develop simple mathematical formulas with Excel spreadsheets.
-Ability to solve daily problems by analyzing situations, determining the next steps and implementing them.
-Ability to control own emotions when dealing with irate customers or employees.
-Ability/skill in interpersonal relations when interacting with internal and external customers.
-Ability to create, enter, retrieve and print information from software packages in a logical, accurate manner; to understand customer requests; to relate requests to a database; and to ask necessary questions to ensure data can be queried to satisfy requests.
-Ability/skill to be courteous and professional in all dealings with others.
-Ability to synthesize and retain information and make decisions according to standard policies and procedures.
-General knowledge of standard office practices and office equipment.
These physical requirements are not exhaustive, and the company may add additional job-related physical demands to these if the need arises. Corrective devices may be used to meet these physical requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to type and handle items. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job requires the ability to work in stressful conditions from time to time and remain focused for extended periods of time.
The employee must have the ability to lift up to 30 pounds, including boxes, documents and/or display units.
Some local car travel may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job functions are performed in a normal office environment.
Position Summary: The Media Coordinator is responsible for supporting the DRTV media team and helping achieve client goals through communications with stations and facilitating the data flows required to run an advertising campaign.
- Request and process pre-log and post-log air times
- Identify airings outside of buy parameters and resolve with stations
- Follow up on station confirmations for new orders and revisions
- Request rate cards, avails and program grids for assigned stations
- Maintain program station folders
- Follow up and resolve Did Not Airs
- Import and reconcile data feeds (call center, web, etc.) into CORE Media System
- Pull client reporting as required
- Work with media buyer to negotiate and buy for assigned programs and stations against client goals
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong math/analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to shift priorities quickly in a deadline drive environment
- Basic knowledge of marketing/advertising
- Basic computer skills
About Bluewater Media:
Bluewater Media is a brand focused direct to consumer advertising agency that utilizes branded direct response, brand integration and digital advertising to generate measurable response and direct to consumer sales for products and services. From their 33,000 square foot production studio in Clearwater, Florida, Bluewater produces, develops and distributes direct response campaigns, commercials, television series, documentaries and films that integrate branding as a methodology to inform, educate and motivate consumers to make product choices. Bluewater was named the 2nd fastest growing company in Florida in 2015, and to the INC 500 that same year. Bluewater also provides integrated web design, web development, e-commerce solutions, as well as broadcast and digital media strategy and placement.
Contact: Send resume to David Tiberia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Communications College
Division: Sar/Man-Info Tech
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9601 / Comm. & Mktg. Officer Hiring Salary/
Salary Range: $38,000 – $41,000
Position Number: 00025969
ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY: The Communications & Marketing office at USF Sarasota-Manatee is responsible for developing internal and external communications strategies to share the university’s story with the community, the region and the world. The department oversees advertising, messaging, branding, public relations, media relations, graphic design, video production, the university website, and official university social media channels.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position coordinates all digital marketing and communications efforts for the campus to help grow the awareness of strategic initiatives, programs and events. The person will help coordinate all major projects submitted to the Communications & Marketing office with a focus on external communications, advertising campaigns and event promotion. The coordinator oversees the official university social media accounts, works with the Director of Communications and Marketing to plan and implement advertising strategies, develops and maintains communications plans for email marketing and serves as a project manager for all major campaigns and projects. This position requires someone who is extremely organized and task oriented and is able to plan for long-term projects and while also remaining flexible to shuffle priorities at a moment’s notice. This person should have experience in project management, advertising, digital marketing and social media strategy. The Digital Marketing Coordinator must be a strong writer with experience in creating integrated Communications & Marketing plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Plans and develops advertising campaigns and monitors and reports on results of campaigns. Plans and executes strategy for social media content and promotion. Serves as project manager for large scale projects and campaigns. Oversees email marketing and event promotion. Assists with publicity of events through social media, photography, and videography.
MINIMUM: A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media or a related field and 1-3 years’ experience working in Communications and Marketing Office or agency setting. Strong writing skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time. Experience with project management and the creative services process. Experience with using social media for advertising and knowledge of content development techniques for social media and email marketing.
PREFERRED: Experience in higher education or an agency who works with higher education clients. Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Slack Communications, Asana Project Management Software, MailChimp email marketing, multiple Content Management Systems and all social media platforms.
SPECIAL SKILLS/TRAINING: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Storify, WordPress, Web design, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office, etc. TO
APPLY: Click on the Apply Now button. When applying you will have the opportunity to attach documents as your resume. Please attach both a cover letter and resume as one document. Only online applications through the USF Careers website will be accepted. Equal Employment Opportunity USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Apply through the USF Career Database. Job ID 16780. http://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/browse-apply-for-job-openings.aspx
KMVT a Gray Television station has an opening for a reporter/multi-media journalist. This person will research, shoot, write, edit and present news stories on the air. He/she will also post news content on our website, and be actively involved with social media.
• Experience in college-level broadcast journalism training.
• A college degree in broadcast journalism, or equivalent experience.
• Video examples of on-air work.
• Ability to lift and carry equipment including tripod, camera and lights.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Be willing to work weekends, nights or any given shift.
• Must be able to find enterprise news stories.
• Must be able to work under deadlines.
• Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
If you feel you have these skills, please go here to apply: https://my.peoplematter.com/mja/graytelevision/jobapp/GetStarted?jobOpenings=dcff3b16-ad1e-41b0-9e03-a716016cb589&refererUrl=https://gray.tv/index.php?page=search-jobs
KMVT is the dominate news source for Twin Falls and Central Idaho. Twin Falls offers great scenic views and diverse recreation opportunities. Winter in Idaho bring the opportunity for snow sports all over the state, and our station is 45 minutes from world class skiing in Sun Valley. When the snow melts you can enjoy mountain biking, hiking, fishing, and picnics. Take in views of the massive Snake River Canyon or tee off surrounded by canyon walls and dazzling waterfalls. Home to the “Niagara of the West”, Shoshone Falls is higher than Niagara Falls and a unique and beautiful site to enjoy. Kayak and explore the Snake River or dine in a great local restaurant, featuring fresh Idaho potatoes of course.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.”
Click here to apply: https://gulfside-hospice.careerplug.com/jobs/746391/apps/new
Reporting to the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant coordinates the community education functions of the agency. This position works to identify, pursue and develop community partnerships, community education programs and outreach opportunities, and to promote the agency’s events, programs and activities.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or similar field and at least two years experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. Internships can replace two years of paid experience. (Healthcare or Hospice experience strongly preferred.)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant helps with all aspects of external and internal communications for the agency including:
• Media Relations – writing and sending press releases for appropriate GHPPC events and communicating with the media in a timely and appropriate manner;
• Assisting with the design, printing and ordering of brochures and fliers for external and internal needs;
• Helping with GHPPC’s newsletters for target publics including the community, donors, volunteers and staff;
• Representing GHPPC at community events/health fairs, as well as work in conjunction with other departments to supply material for events when needed;
• Help with the planning and day-of-event needs for GHPPC special events;
• Assisting with GHPPC’s digital marketing components, including:
• Maintaining an up-to-date website for the public to receive information about GHPPC in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and maintaining Social Media presence for GHPPC including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as the Gulfside Blog
• Working within the Hubspot platform for build landing pages, blog posts and emails
CREATION OF COLLATERAL MATERIAL
• With the Community Relations Manager, provides graphic design services or coordinates with outside vendor in utilizing artistic ability, desktop publishing, graphics and digital image software to create a variety of promotional materials that are consistent with the GHPPC brand.
• Interpret internal client’s needs and effectively design a product to meet their goals and objectives. Writes copy as needed for materials.
• Coordinates multiple tasks to meet production deadlines for all collateral material.
• Responsible for finishing in-house products for delivery to internal clients including printing multiple copies, folding, cutting, laminating and collating.
• Maintains an archive of completed designs in print and electronic formats.
• Remains current on all related software, technology and design techniques. Attends occasional workshops to enhance professional competencies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Required proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of advertising and public relations principals and techniques as practiced in the non-profit sector.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handing multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to initiate, coordinate and organize projects/tasks through to completion in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
• Must have above-average verbal and written communication skills and know AP Style for press releases and other written copy.
• Demonstrates courtesy, respect, sound judgment, and professionalism.
• Listens with patience and respect for the other person.
• Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all dealings.
• Maintains a positive attitude and caring spirit.
• Makes effective use of work time to accomplish tasks, keeping personal business, breaks and socializing to a minimum.
• Dependable, trustworthy, and demonstrates appropriate attendance pattern.
• Demonstrates concern for the rights, opinions, privacy and confidentiality of others.
• Willingly seeks new assignments, assumes additional duties when necessary, and takes independent action to identify problems.
• Seeks management involvement when necessary.
• Demonstrates prudent use of company resources.
• Practices Gulfside’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Philosophy in both words and actions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects/tools/controls, reach with hands/arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell. This employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.