Multimedia Communications Intern
This semester-long internship for Spring 2019 is designed for students or recent graduates who have demonstrated their multimedia production and editing skills through classroom and volunteer experience and are ready to build their portfolios in a professional environment. Working within the communications team, the multimedia communications intern needs to be able to take direction, work independently and collaboratively, ask questions for clarification when necessary, and remain open to constructive feedback to take your career to the next level. Attire is business casual when in the office (collared shirts and no jeans/shorts) and business professional for events or meetings with leadership. Our office is located on the north side of Fletcher Ave. near Magnolia Ave., so parking is free and always available. We appreciate that your education takes priority, so we will work around your class and exam schedule as needed. Beyond your direct responsibilities, you will be invited to project meetings to observe how communication plans are developed and implemented.
- Assist in the creation of video and other multimedia content for blogs, e-mail campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Produce multimedia packages profiling alumni, scholarship recipients, faculty chair/professorship holders, and donor-funded programs and research at USF Health.
- Assist with alumni and stewardship events, including photography and videography.
- Junior, senior or graduate student seeking a degree in telecommunications, journalism or a related field
- Strong video production, video editing, photography and graphic design skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Online portfolio of work samples required
- Web design, social media and news writing experience a plus
Compensation: $10/hour for 10-20 hours per week.
To apply: Send a cover letter, current resume and links to work samples to Davina Y. Gould, APR, Director of Communications and Marketing, Development and Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.