- project management for creation of brochures, flyers, social media graphics, etc.
- taking the order from the client and submitting the project to the graphic designer
- giving marketing advice if needed
- reviewing design work to make sure work was completed according to client’s request and submitting it back to the client
The Office for Undergraduate Research Needs Your Expertise!
The Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) is seeking two students to join our marketing team during the Spring 2018 semester. Interns will help shape and execute the branding campaign for the 2018 Undergraduate Research Conference. Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to: creating marketing videos and social media spots to market the event, interviewing conference presenters and attendees, designing and attending campus events to promote the conference, creating press releases, reaching out to local news organization to publicize the event, and additional task as outlined by the OUR marketing team. Please see position details and application criteria below:
Position Criteria: Applicants must…
- be an undergraduate student in good academic standing
- be enrolled full-time (9 credits) during the Spring 2018 semester
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0
***Mass Communications majors specializing in multimedia journalism and production, public relations, and advertising are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Details: Interns will…
- be available up to 10 hours per week.
- be available to attend weekly team meetings
- receive a stipend of $1,300, which will be distributed over the course of the spring semester.
- be available to attend the Undergraduate Research Conference on April 19, 2018
How to Apply:
Please send a professional resume and a statement of interest to the OUR Assistant Director, Lisa M. Piazza- email@example.com . The statement should describe your skills, background, and experience relevant to the position.
AWSM INTERNSHIPS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Up to 10 female college students will receive:
» a paid summer internship
» a $1,000 scholarship
» registration and lodging at AWSM’s 2018 conference
» a one-year membership to AWSM!
Recent employers include: ESPN, CNN, USA Today, MLB.com, USA Softball, Golf Channel and Sports Illustrated
THE ASSOCIATION FOR WOMEN IN SPORTS MEDIA
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN PURSUING A CAREER IN
PRINT/DIGITAL, BROADCAST OR MEDIA RELATIONS,
FIND THE APPLICATION AT AWSMONLINE.ORG
APPLY SEPT. 1 THRU OCT. 31
NO FEE FOR AWSM MEMBERS // $40 FOR NON-MEMBERS
SIGN UP FOR A STUDENT MEMBERSHIP FOR JUST $25 AND SAVE!
OPEN TO SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS AND SENIORS AND GRAD STUDENTS
Established in 2004, PP+K is an assembly of 40 (and growing) passionate souls who have come together with one common mission—to “Unite and Take Over.” We are a full-service agency with a focus on developing business and brand solutions for our Clients.
Our services include brand strategy, creative strategy, traditional and experimental communications strategy, media planning and buying, metrics and analytics.
PP+K is always accepting applications for our Account Service internship program.
Account Service interns will learn how to function as part of the account team in a small agency environment. He/she will be involved in day-to-day tasks including opening jobs and facilitation their routing through the agency. They will learn skills in communicating with client from emails to conference calls and local in-person meetings. While also working closely with our internal agency teams including but not limited to the art/copy writing creatives and digital/web teams to complete short and long term campaigns. We also will work together to determine their personal developmental goals and will evaluate them throughout the internship.
PP+K makes every effort for our account service intern to work with each of our account teams so they are able to learn different leadership styles/expectations and work on a variety of agency clients. By the end of the internship, they should be prepared for an entry-level account position in an advertising agency environment. We will work with the student’s schedule during the semester and will assist in logging their hours while maintaining a regular schedule of work.
This unpaid internship will run approximately three months; however, specific start and enddates are flexible.
Resumes are required in PDF format and must be under 1MB in size.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director and Studio Coordinators, this hands-on position will be responsible for assisting across multiple projects and objectives for the University of South Florida’s Writing Studio. Our forward-thinking university writing center is looking to hire an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape and creating digital, visual, and new media content and design. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills and inquiry-based approaches in order to integrate into our vibrant team and community. It’s essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting scholarly research on current writing center practices and
- Demonstrating an adept ability to annotate, understand, synthesize, and present research (both in written, multimodal, and oral forms).
- Social media optimization; monitoring all forms of media (including website); generating ideas for and/or executing online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, and
- Contributing in public relations capacities both digitally and in the space via offering ideas on marketing and design/space
- Shadowing/observing writing consultations in order to evaluate and assess the application of writing center practices and
- Coordinating speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events, workshops, and/or
- Using Adobe Creative Cloud to create materials/designs (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and demonstrate professionalism and the ability to take initiative and work independently. Students should be majoring in English, Mass Communications, Communication, Studio Arts, Art History, Graphic Design, or other similar majors. Interns should be proficient in Microsoft and Adobe products as well as maintain an understanding of social media coordinating. Interns will also be expected to gain familiarity with the Digital Media Commons.