Please, open a link for more detailed information:
Dept Number/Name: 0-0435-000 / Housing & Residential Edctn
College Division: Business & Finance
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9559 / Publications Designer
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $48,000
Position Number: 00032541
The Publications Designer works closely with staff members in Housing & Residential Education and other campus partners to develop
the department’s creative multimedia communications, currently serving over 6,300 on-campus students. The Publications Designer will
be an integral part of Housing & Residential Education’s residential communications planning and development as the department
highlights the advantages of on-campus housing and communicates with current residents and families. This position has the primary
responsibility for the coordination of videos and photographic productions used for promotional, educational, and training purposes
using storyboards, copy writing, filming, editing, and final packing of video projects for various professional and student audiences. This
position will supervise undergraduate and graduate student staff, student photographers, and student interns. The Communications
team serves to support students and staff by utilizing technology and innovative practices to build, maintain, and deliver programmatic
support that aligns with the H&RE brand. The Publications Designer will report to the Assistant Director for Communication. Hours may
vary depending on departmental needs such as Grand Opening, transition days, hall closing, etc.
Develop educationally-based print & electronic deliverables (video and photograph) that will be used for advertisement, promotion,
training, information dissemination, residential programmatic support, and brand-building. Examples would be producing educational
training videos; co-producing the Housing Live! YouTube show; promoting a robust on-campus living experience through video
Under limited supervision, allocate and prioritize resources to accomplish assigned directives efficiently and effectively. Assist
supervisor with the development of major campaigns for various stakeholders and delegate project assignments to the student
Hire, train, and evaluate a diverse group of undergraduate and graduate student leaders employed or interning with the
Communications unit. Motivate student team members to ensure productivity and creativity through positive reinforcement and
constructive development. Coordinate student employee schedules to meet deadlines and in accordance with the student OPS budget
allocation. This position will provide leadership to at least one student video production assistant and at least one student intern.
Design a robust new hire training program that re-enforces HRE’s philosophies and values as well as the technical aspects of the
position. Conduct monthly in-services that support on-going training needs, other profession-based developmental opportunities, and
career readiness. This may include inviting speakers as needed to achieve program objectives.
Policies and Procedures
Conducts policy, procedure, technique, and training research according to best practices that ensure a successful operation and
delivery of services to students and partners.
Present any findings to the supervisor for discussion and direction. Disseminate any changes to partners as directed.
Review and refine the HRE and Residential Education handbooks such as the Operating Manual, Marketing Handbook, Social Media
Guide, and serve as a central resource for all HRE Marketing unit procedures.
Other duties, projects, and committee involvement, as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Technical Writing, Digital Media, or related
field, with two years of experience in related positions; or a Master’s degree in the fields listed above. Appropriate college coursework or
vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
A Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, Communications, Writing, Graphic Design, Public Relations, or related field from
a regionally accredited university/college and three years of related experience of University Student Housing or Student Affairs
experience. extensive experience with live streaming using a multi-camera system, experience using various editing/streaming
software such as Wirecast, Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro, etc., experience using advanced camera and lighting equipment, and
experience mentoring in the profession. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, is a team collaborator, and is solutions oriented.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 24291
Posting Date: 01/21/2020
Posting End Date: 02/04/2020
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. Cover letter and resume are required and should be uploaded into the application.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it
relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL,
MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Follow this link: https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/
You can find this position by using job code or title.
Attn: USF Career Center, Marketing, Business, and Communication Departments
Internship Opportunity in Tampa, FL
Administrative Assistant Intern
20 hours per week
Rainmaker Music Management is an artist management team located in Tampa, FL. We have worked closely with USF providing internship opportunities to students that have turned into paid full time positions. We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. You’ll get to learn about the music industry along with gaining practical experience in management, touring, communication, social media, and more. Don’t be surprised if you get to join the office at live performances and even meet some of our incredible clients.
Learn to apply the skills and concepts discussed in your coursework to better perform both in our office and in your academic lives. This may even turn into a paid position once your internship is completed.
-Dedicated to working at least 20 hours a week
-Must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, excel and email
-Strong written and verbal skills
-Communicate respectfully with team members and celebrity clients
-Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
-Love of music and an existing social media following a plus
To inquire about this opportunity please contact Cynthia Almodovar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume and any professional or academic recommendations.
Promotional and Marketing intern at USF Center for Entrepreneurship
The intern will report to Estevan Serrano, program analyst and the director of the department, Dr. M. Fountain
This internship position requires a combination of skills in marketing, PR, advertising and graphic design and video editing.
The intern will work on three main center initiatives- the Frank and Ellen Daveler Pitch Competition, the USF Business Pitch Competition, and the Florida Blue Health Innovation Competition. Additionally, the intern will work on continued marketing efforts for the Center for Entrepreneurship.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Essential duties required to carry out this job:
- General mass communication responsibilities
- FOR THE COMPETITIONS-
- Marketing/ Promoting / Advertising the competitions
- Writing, editing, and sending out feature pieces about the competitions, competition finalists, and awardees, etc. (standard journalism) *NOTE: this involves using the inverted pyramid format, collecting the biographical information from each finalist, and sending the pieces out to the appropriate universities and local media outlets
- Digital media/ social media promotions via Facebook and LinkedIn
- After the competitions, compile all photos into a Dropbox folder and distribute link via email to all who would need/want them
- FOR THE CENTER
- General Marketing/ Promoting / Advertising
- Digital media/ social media promotions via Facebook, LinkedIn, and the Center’s official website
- Updates about Center Initiatives in the forms of email, Constant Contact email blasts, digital graphic flyers, messages for the Muma College of Business digital wall, etc.
- Essential duties required to carry out this job:
- Education level= Currently in a mass communications undergraduate program
- Experience= Background in mass communications (advertising, journalism, PR, etc.)
- Specific skills= Marketing/PR/advertising, digital media promotion, interpersonal skills, etc.
- Additional notes:
- Business professionalism is mandatory as professional entrepreneurial meetings are held and hosted at the center often
- Clear and concise communication is important. All emails must have the appropriate people CC’d, as to keep everything transparent and inclusive. Keep all communication professional
- This position is unpaid
- Work schedule is flexible, as we strive to accommodate the intern’s class schedule. However, event attendance may be made mandatory is the intern’s assistance is needed. Weekly hours worked will be based off the Mass. Comm. Internship capstone requirements.
- The intern will work on campus at the Center for Entrepreneurship, which is in the Muma College of Business, 3rd Floor of the older business building, BSN 3331