Vizient Southeast is looking for a qualified intern to assist in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work with a team of professionals and be able to create marketing materials based on information relative to our sources of value. This intern should be able to provide creative ideas to help us achieve our goals, have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
20 hours/week; $12 an hour
4211 W. Boy Scout Blvd., Suite 750
Tampa, FL 33607
Please, open a link for more detailed information:
Dept Number/Name: 0-0435-000 / Housing & Residential Edctn
College Division: Business & Finance
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9559 / Publications Designer
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $48,000
Position Number: 00032541
The Publications Designer works closely with staff members in Housing & Residential Education and other campus partners to develop
the department’s creative multimedia communications, currently serving over 6,300 on-campus students. The Publications Designer will
be an integral part of Housing & Residential Education’s residential communications planning and development as the department
highlights the advantages of on-campus housing and communicates with current residents and families. This position has the primary
responsibility for the coordination of videos and photographic productions used for promotional, educational, and training purposes
using storyboards, copy writing, filming, editing, and final packing of video projects for various professional and student audiences. This
position will supervise undergraduate and graduate student staff, student photographers, and student interns. The Communications
team serves to support students and staff by utilizing technology and innovative practices to build, maintain, and deliver programmatic
support that aligns with the H&RE brand. The Publications Designer will report to the Assistant Director for Communication. Hours may
vary depending on departmental needs such as Grand Opening, transition days, hall closing, etc.
Develop educationally-based print & electronic deliverables (video and photograph) that will be used for advertisement, promotion,
training, information dissemination, residential programmatic support, and brand-building. Examples would be producing educational
training videos; co-producing the Housing Live! YouTube show; promoting a robust on-campus living experience through video
Under limited supervision, allocate and prioritize resources to accomplish assigned directives efficiently and effectively. Assist
supervisor with the development of major campaigns for various stakeholders and delegate project assignments to the student
Hire, train, and evaluate a diverse group of undergraduate and graduate student leaders employed or interning with the
Communications unit. Motivate student team members to ensure productivity and creativity through positive reinforcement and
constructive development. Coordinate student employee schedules to meet deadlines and in accordance with the student OPS budget
allocation. This position will provide leadership to at least one student video production assistant and at least one student intern.
Design a robust new hire training program that re-enforces HRE’s philosophies and values as well as the technical aspects of the
position. Conduct monthly in-services that support on-going training needs, other profession-based developmental opportunities, and
career readiness. This may include inviting speakers as needed to achieve program objectives.
Policies and Procedures
Conducts policy, procedure, technique, and training research according to best practices that ensure a successful operation and
delivery of services to students and partners.
Present any findings to the supervisor for discussion and direction. Disseminate any changes to partners as directed.
Review and refine the HRE and Residential Education handbooks such as the Operating Manual, Marketing Handbook, Social Media
Guide, and serve as a central resource for all HRE Marketing unit procedures.
Other duties, projects, and committee involvement, as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Technical Writing, Digital Media, or related
field, with two years of experience in related positions; or a Master’s degree in the fields listed above. Appropriate college coursework or
vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
A Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration, Communications, Writing, Graphic Design, Public Relations, or related field from
a regionally accredited university/college and three years of related experience of University Student Housing or Student Affairs
experience. extensive experience with live streaming using a multi-camera system, experience using various editing/streaming
software such as Wirecast, Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro, etc., experience using advanced camera and lighting equipment, and
experience mentoring in the profession. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, is a team collaborator, and is solutions oriented.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 24291
Posting Date: 01/21/2020
Posting End Date: 02/04/2020
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. Cover letter and resume are required and should be uploaded into the application.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it
relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL,
MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Follow this link: https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/
You can find this position by using job code or title.
The Marshall Student Center (MSC) Marketing Project Coordinator assists with a wide variety of communication and marketing projects for the MSC Marketing Department, with particular concentration in project management. The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Marshall Student Center Communications & Marketing Officer in all aspects of this position.
Candidates should be comfortable working 15-20 hours/week. The compensation for this position is $8.46/hour.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Create and manage accurate and up to date web content on Marshall Student Center site.
• Manage MSC marketing tools including: MSC LCD screens and atrium banners.
• Assist in managing the flow of marketing projects and tasks submitted from all Community Development and Student Engagement unit departments. This includes reviewing requests, assigning projects to appropriate team member/graphic design team, specifying deadlines, and communicating edits and finalized graphics.
• Coordinate with MSC Marketing Assistant to create content, contests, videos, etc. that college students will relate to in order to increase traffic to websites and social media pages and engage followers, as well as support the goals of the Community Development and Student Engagement unit – Get Involved!
• Attend two mandatory MSC Student Staff retreats – one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester.
• Clerical and other tasks as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Current USF student enrolled at the Tampa campus with availability to work consistent weekday business hours (between 8 am – 6 pm).
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Marketing and communications student or similar major
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be organized, goal-oriented, strategic, and customer-service oriented.
• Familiarity with content management systems, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), creative and print processes.
• Experience with photography and videography, including video editing software, especially Adobe After Effects.
The job code is 23085 and the posting closes on Monday, Oct. 14.
Here is a link:
Who is Newswire
At Newswire, we are an agile group of tech and media junkies, always looking to find better ways to help our clients connect to their audiences. We offer a comprehensive SaaS based Media and Marketing platform that helps our clients across the globe send, analyze and create greater return from their PR & Communications efforts. We help our clients deliver the Right Message to the Right Audience at the Right Time through the Right Medium.
The Engagement Manager’s primary responsibility is to build positive customer relationships for customers who have purchased our annual subscription and help identify needs and reach goals through the program. The Engagement Manager will coordinate all activities for customer campaigns with Newswire’s various departments including customer success, sales, marketing and editorial.
This will be a great role for young, business oriented and collaborative individuals looking to build a career in account management and be able to move into a leadership role within the Newswire process and programs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Liaise with Customers – TheEngagement manager will oversee the customer service operations, dealing with customers directly and often as their first point of contact. They help clients to implement their services and plan projects more effectively, often setting up “discovery sessions” with key stakeholders to identify strategy and goals.
- Analyze Data – In order to gain a clear overview of the customer’s account, engagement managers analyze a multitude of data, such as vision, go to market strategy, whole product and project budgets. From this data, they can create and implement an action plan, once they’ve gained the client’s agreement.
- Manage Campaigns -A key aspect of the engagement manager’s role is to boost morale and build productivity within teams for better and more efficient execution of tasks and projects. The engagement manager leads on many different projects to ensure cohesion between project teams and to make sure that projects meet the initial brief from the client.
- Identify Upselling Opportunities – The Engagement manager finds ways to upsell or cross-sell to increase revenue and have our customers utilizing our services for their needs. They also recommend new systems and procedures to amplify productivity.
- Prepare Reports on Project Performance – The engagement managers prepares reports on customer projects to identify achievements and goals met as well as to highlight any areas for improvement going forward.
- Applying Knowledge of Media and Marketing Strategies – Develop PR plans alongside a team. Utilize media savvy with print and broadcast mediums. Effectively influence decision-makers to promote their brand with an understanding of how broadcast media and its various audiences work.
Qualifications We’re Looking For
- 1-2 years experience in media communications, marketing communications or public relations
- A self-starter, energized by challenges not afraid of them
- Proficient in relevant sales, marketing and productivity tools (Salesforce.com, Marketing Automation, Email tracking, Web alerts/search, Social Media, Excel, etc.)
- Direct Media Experience
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, startup environment
We are in Sarasota, FL! Our offices are specially designed to accommodate Agile teams. It is also within walking distance to many local restaurants and even the beach.
Newswire offers business casual dress, coffee, snacks, catered lunches, monthly chair massages and other amenities. Each employment package includes competitive salary, bonus and commission plan, access to 401(k) after 6 months with company match, medical, dental and vision coverage and paid vacation.
Please note, employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $xx,000.00 to $xx,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Media and/or marketing communications/public relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Communications & Marketing Intern/Staff Assistant
This paid, semester-long internship is designed for students who have demonstrated their communication skills through classroom and volunteer experience and are ready to build their portfolios in a professional environment. Working within the communications team, interns need to be able to take direction, work independently and collaboratively, ask questions for clarification when necessary, and remain open to constructive feedback to take your skills to the next level. Attire is business casual when in the office (collared shirts and no jeans/shorts) and business professional for events or meetings with leadership. Our office is located on the north side of Fletcher Ave. near Magnolia Ave., so parking is free and always available. We appreciate that your education takes priority, so we will work around your class and exam schedule as needed. Beyond your direct responsibilities, you will be invited to project meetings to observe how communication plans are developed and implemented.
· Write profiles of alumni, scholarship recipients, faculty chair/professorship holders, and articles about donor-funded programs and research at USF Health
· Assist in the creation of content for blogs, e-mail campaigns, online promotions, etc.
· Contribute to social media content and scheduling for USF Health alumni Facebook pages and fundraising priorities to be amplified by other USF System communicators
· Create multimedia content including videos and infographics for digital outreach
· Assist with alumni and stewardship events including setup, check-in, photography and breakdown
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Recent graduate or upper-level/graduate student seeking a degree in public relations, advertising, marketing, communications or a related field
· Graphic design or video/photography skills a plus
· Creative self-starter with initiative to learn software and identify emerging communication trends
· Online portfolio required, including at least one writing sample
Compensation: $10/hour for 10-20 hours per week. Internship may be renewed a second semester based on strong work performance.
To apply: Send a cover letter, current resume and links to work samples by September 12, 2019, to Davina Y. Gould, APR, Director of Communications and Marketing, Development and Alumni Relations,email@example.com.
What you will learn and be exposed to:
- Learn videography fundamentals while working with clients
- Focus on developing your videography and editing skills
- Job shadowing to gain exposure and on-the-job training alongside our videography team
- Interns are paired with an experienced employee mentor for coaching and support
Who we are looking for:
- College Juniors/Seniors – pursuing video production or related degrees
- Strong ability to adapt and manage your time efficiently
- Assist videographers on shoots
- Assist with editing
- Be a key contributor in helping drive client projects forward
- Help organize, plan, and distribute work
- Execute and report on tasks as assigned by the director of account management
Skills & Qualifications
- Creative mindset and proficient storyteller
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Videography and video editing experience
- Experience with the Adobe Suite Premiere Pro & After Effects
- Experience with lighting
- Experience with audio a plus
- Experience with switching a plus
- Strong understanding of the video digital landscape including social media and YouTube
- Paid Internship: $10 per hour
- Time commitment: Part-Time schedule – attendance in office – 15-20 hours per week– M-F 9 to 6
- Applicants are expected to provide their own reliable transportation
- Applicants must have authorization to work in the US
Contact to Emmanuel Ramos firstname.lastname@example.org.
813.218.3303 | #FilmTampaBay
201 N Franklin Street, Ste 2900 Tampa, FL 33602