B2 Communications – Internship Program
B2 Communications moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects and meet deadlines. B2 interns work closely with B2’s staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance and help throughout the internship period.
Description of Common Internship Tasks:
- Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
- Research relevant media contacts through Cision and other outlets
- Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
- Compile databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce
- Reports directly to Account Coordinator and Senior Account Executive with additional direction from agency principals
- Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be a junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
- Understanding of Cision and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus
- Involvement with PRSSA or PRSA preferred
- Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media
- Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Preferably 2 to 3 full days per week
- $10 per hour
- Can apply toward credit, if university or college allows
How to Apply: Email your resume and 2-3 writing samples to Alana Siceloff at email@example.com.
About B2 Communications:
B2 Communications, located in downtown St. Petersburg, focuses on raising the visibility of our clients through strategic messaging, media relations, social media, and leveraging of community and industry involvements. We are also experts in media training, crisis communications, and creation of quality content for such channels as websites, brochures, and guest columns.
Our clients range from banking and law to real estate, health care, and tourism. No matter the type of client, we take a targeted approach designed to reach the people who can help the client’s business. For more information, visit www.b2communications.com/.
Digital Storyteller: Student Video/Photographer
USF Health and Wellness is looking for an experienced digital storyteller to create media content (video, photo, and animation) for Health and Wellness promotional campaigns and services. We also need top-notch, professional photos from events and activities.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Able to work 10-15 hours per week
- Has taken courses in photography, videography, digital media, etc.
- Or has prior experience
- Proficient in Premier and Lightroom
- Interested in (or has ability in) After Effects and Audacity
- Dependable, curious, creative, and eager to learn*
- Able to find interview subjects, write scripts, and create graphics
- Assist in technical aspects, live streaming, equipment expertise, etc.
- Develop storyboards to inform the creative process
Preference is given to a student with experience who can stay in the position for 2 years. This is a paid position of $9.50 per hour.
Please send resume to Chris Haywood at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Christine Haywood, MA
Assistant Director, Marketing and Communications
Health and Wellness, USF
The City of Oldsmar is seeking an intern to start immediately to support our Marketing and Communications efforts. Hours are flexible, and the intern will be compensated. The intern will work in the office, not remotely.
We are seeking a qualified individual that possesses the following:
· Knowledge of accepted concepts and practices of social media
· Knowledge in the areas of photography, graphics, and computers, including Adobe CS software.
· Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
· Ability to communicate in writing and orally
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Some of the tasks will include:
· Assist with various ongoing projects within the department
· Photographing special events
· Initiate creative briefs and assist in graphic developments
· Hands-on social media management of City Social media accounts
· Update marketing plans
· Website development and updates
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· High school diploma
· Current enrollment or completion of course work focusing on digital media to include marketing, social media, digital and print design and journalism
Please submit a resume to DPauley@myoldsmar.com for consideration.
Apply by Monday, May 21
20 hours/week; $15 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities
-Update and maintain PCGS’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook
-Create quality and attention-grabbing posts that will benefit PCGS students, community partners and potential donors
-Respond to all comments, messages and inquiries on media channels
-Create fliers, videos and interactive tools to help boost engagement
-Purchase posts, while managing the budget
-Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly newsletter
-Draft at least four news articles a month
-Delegate news stories to other team members
-Seek out interesting news stories relating to the college that interests the general public
-Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
-Upload news stories to USF PCGS website
-Set up and break down PCGS hosted events
-Design fliers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by PCGS
-Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting, including preparing agenda and taking minutes
-Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about PCGS
-Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
-Research jobs for potential graduate/graduated students in the student development program
-Send out various job opportunities, certifications, workshops and conferences to help the students enhance their resumes
-Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
-Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations)
-Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
-Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
-Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
-Be an effective communicator, both written and oral
-Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
-Be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills, be detail-oriented, have the ability to prioritize, and be able to multitask and meet deadlines
Note: Other duties may been assigned as needed. Applicant may be required to work occasional evenings.
This position required a Level 1 criminal background check.
Send your resume and cover letter to Kelly Gaskell, assistant director of Patel College of Global Sustainability: email@example.com
This position is responsible for the management and execution of our social media and public relations communication strategy. You will be a key contributor to developing the company’s social media marketing strategy, including content and engagement strategies. The marketing intern is responsible for developing and executing digital initiatives, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and assisting with press releases, public relation and taking pictures for our social media.
- Support the marketing team
- Assist in the creation of signage, mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
- Create and maintain tracking reports of digital and traditional marketing efforts
- Develop new social media campaigns, considering current and planned promotional activities.
- Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns
- Assist in planning, hosting and staffing of trade shows
- Provide administrative support to management when required
- Assist in the creation of marketing packages and presentations for bids due.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student studying sales, marketing or communications
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with marketing computer software, online applications, VRM analytics and Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Extensive knowledge of business social media best practices and platforms
- Data entry and computer skills a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Willingness to learn on the job and share experiences with other members of the team
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Contact: Marynes Mateos at firstname.lastname@example.org