Apply by Monday, May 21
20 hours/week; $15 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities
-Update and maintain PCGS’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook
-Create quality and attention-grabbing posts that will benefit PCGS students, community partners and potential donors
-Respond to all comments, messages and inquiries on media channels
-Create fliers, videos and interactive tools to help boost engagement
-Purchase posts, while managing the budget
-Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly newsletter
-Draft at least four news articles a month
-Delegate news stories to other team members
-Seek out interesting news stories relating to the college that interests the general public
-Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
-Upload news stories to USF PCGS website
-Set up and break down PCGS hosted events
-Design fliers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by PCGS
-Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting, including preparing agenda and taking minutes
-Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about PCGS
-Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
-Research jobs for potential graduate/graduated students in the student development program
-Send out various job opportunities, certifications, workshops and conferences to help the students enhance their resumes
-Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
-Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations)
-Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
-Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
-Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
-Be an effective communicator, both written and oral
-Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
-Be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills, be detail-oriented, have the ability to prioritize, and be able to multitask and meet deadlines
Note: Other duties may been assigned as needed. Applicant may be required to work occasional evenings.
This position required a Level 1 criminal background check.
Send your resume and cover letter to Kelly Gaskell, assistant director of Patel College of Global Sustainability: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is responsible for the management and execution of our social media and public relations communication strategy. You will be a key contributor to developing the company’s social media marketing strategy, including content and engagement strategies. The marketing intern is responsible for developing and executing digital initiatives, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and assisting with press releases, public relation and taking pictures for our social media.
- Support the marketing team
- Assist in the creation of signage, mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
- Create and maintain tracking reports of digital and traditional marketing efforts
- Develop new social media campaigns, considering current and planned promotional activities.
- Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns
- Assist in planning, hosting and staffing of trade shows
- Provide administrative support to management when required
- Assist in the creation of marketing packages and presentations for bids due.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student studying sales, marketing or communications
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with marketing computer software, online applications, VRM analytics and Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Extensive knowledge of business social media best practices and platforms
- Data entry and computer skills a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Willingness to learn on the job and share experiences with other members of the team
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Contact: Marynes Mateos at email@example.com
Click this link to apply: http://careers.aarp.org/ShowJob/Id/1408629/Communications-Intern-I/
Business Unit Description
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into ‘Real Possibilities’ by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
The Florida State Office of AARP is recruiting for a paid communications intern to support their team. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills while working for the largest social mission organization in the country.
As a Communications Intern with AARP, you will have the opportunity to:
Assist in executing state communications plans, preparing communications products, providing digital, social-media and graphics support to the Communications team and other internal clients, monitoring and maintaining web sites, and performing other communications-related functions as assigned by the Communications Manager;
Assist full-time staff with projects as assigned;
Perform miscellaneous office duties as assigned;
Interns must be currently enrolled in a degreed program at an accredited college or university; maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0; and be considered anundergraduate junior or senior.
To Apply for this Opportunity
- Click APPLY to complete the online application and submit a current resume in response to this posting;
- Attach a copy of your transcript detailing the number of accumulated credits and your current GPA (a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required);
- Be prepared to submit two letters of recommendation; which can be from a college or university professor or a manager who is familiar with your work (please note that we cannot complete the hiring process without these references)
- Be prepared to submit writing samples, if required for the position
Instructions for Uploading Your Documents
- Attach your resume as part of the online application
- Click the SUBMIT button at the end of the application
- Select VIEW SUBMITTED APPLICATION
- Select the MY ACTIVITIES
- Select “Add Attachment” under the section labeled COVER LETTERS & ATTACHMENTS
- Select the Attachment Type and list the Attachment Title
- Select Upload your document
- Select Save
- If uploading multiple documents, repeat steps 5-8
Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
College students and recent graduates looking to gain real-world public relations experience are encouraged to apply for B2 Communications’ public relations internship program. B2 is currently accepting applications for PR interns.
Each semester, two PR interns assist the B2 team with tasks such as drafting press releases, brainstorming media pitches, developing social media content, assisting with research, and preparing client reports.
In the past, our PR interns have worked on projects for clients such as Sunstar Paramedics, St. Petersburg Free Clinic, SPCA Tampa Bay, The Tampa Bay 100, Krewe of Sant’ Yago Knight Parade and others. Read about our former interns’ experiences in Fall 2017, Summer 2017, Summer 2016 and Spring 2016.
B2 interns are encouraged to attend PRSA and FPRA events to further their career development and network with other PR professionals. Previously, our PR interns had the opportunity to tour the Bay News 9 studio and learn insider tips on how to pitch a TV newsroom.
B2’s ideal candidate for the PR internship meets the following requirements:
– Completed some public relations or journalism classes
– Excellent writing and organizational skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Instagram)
– Available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, preferably two to three full days
PR interns are an integral part of the account team at B2 Communications. As a boutique agency, B2’s PR interns benefit from working closely with the staff and agency principals on client projects.
See below for a full job description and directions on how to apply.
B2 Communications Internship Opportunity
B2 Communications is seeking a motivated and ambitious public relations intern. B2 Communications moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects and meet deadlines. B2 interns work closely with B2’s staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance and help throughout the internship period.
Description of Common Internship Tasks:
– Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
– Research relevant media contacts through Cision and other outlets
– Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
– Compile databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce
– Reports directly to Account Coordinators and Account Executives with additional direction from Account Managers and Principals
– Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
– Must have strong attention to detail
– Must be a junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
– Understanding of Cision and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus
– Involvement with PRSSA or PRSA preferred
– Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media
– Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
– Preferably 2 to 3 full days per week
– $10 per hour
– Can apply toward credit, if university or college allows
To apply: Email your resume and a writing sample to Lenora Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.