The Office for Undergraduate Research Needs Your Expertise!
The Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) is seeking two students to join our marketing team during the Spring 2018 semester. Interns will help shape and execute the branding campaign for the 2018 Undergraduate Research Conference. Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to: creating marketing videos and social media spots to market the event, interviewing conference presenters and attendees, designing and attending campus events to promote the conference, creating press releases, reaching out to local news organization to publicize the event, and additional task as outlined by the OUR marketing team. Please see position details and application criteria below:
Position Criteria: Applicants must…
- be an undergraduate student in good academic standing
- be enrolled full-time (9 credits) during the Spring 2018 semester
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0
***Mass Communications majors specializing in multimedia journalism and production, public relations, and advertising are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Details: Interns will…
- be available up to 10 hours per week.
- be available to attend weekly team meetings
- receive a stipend of $1,300, which will be distributed over the course of the spring semester.
- be available to attend the Undergraduate Research Conference on April 19, 2018
How to Apply:
Please send a professional resume and a statement of interest to the OUR Assistant Director, Lisa M. Piazza- firstname.lastname@example.org . The statement should describe your skills, background, and experience relevant to the position.
AWSM INTERNSHIPS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Up to 10 female college students will receive:
» a paid summer internship
» a $1,000 scholarship
» registration and lodging at AWSM’s 2018 conference
» a one-year membership to AWSM!
Recent employers include: ESPN, CNN, USA Today, MLB.com, USA Softball, Golf Channel and Sports Illustrated
THE ASSOCIATION FOR WOMEN IN SPORTS MEDIA
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN PURSUING A CAREER IN
PRINT/DIGITAL, BROADCAST OR MEDIA RELATIONS,
FIND THE APPLICATION AT AWSMONLINE.ORG
APPLY SEPT. 1 THRU OCT. 31
NO FEE FOR AWSM MEMBERS // $40 FOR NON-MEMBERS
SIGN UP FOR A STUDENT MEMBERSHIP FOR JUST $25 AND SAVE!
OPEN TO SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS AND SENIORS AND GRAD STUDENTS
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Recommended as a junior or above and in good standing
- Receive college/university course credit for participating in this program. The amount of course credit to be earned is determined, and must be verified by the college/university, prior to starting assignment.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to give directions
- Completed at least one broadcast journalism writing course
- Good organization skills
- Be able to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints
- Must be able to work early morning, evening and weekend shifts and holidays as needed
- Serve as Floor Director during LIVE newscasts
- Operating teleprompter for LIVE and recorded news casts, shows and promos.
- Tuning in LIVE remote shots for newscasts.
- Coding techniques used by newscast directors.
WWSB in Sarasota, Florida is looking for a full time Operations Technician to manage the process of ingest, QC, transfer and playout of video/on-air content. Candidates must have a strong eye for detail, quick reflexes, excellent problem solving ability and technical aptitude. The ability to work with people in a fast paced multi-tasking environment is a necessity.
- Switch station breaks and programming analog and digital channels, record satellite program feeds, segment syndicated programming, record newscast for playback, and check quality of program feeds prior to air time.
- Operate Sundance tapeless airplay system: Beta SP, DVC Pro tape machines. Dub commercials, promos and PSA’s for air.
- Check next days logs for missing material.
- Keep accurate transmitter and program logs. Good mathematical, computer and internet skills are necessary.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- commercial ingest, transcoding and segmenting of shows for air, checking video and audio quality and aspect ratio of ingested content.
The candidate will also pan in live shots, verify closed captioning, dub content, shade cameras for newscasts and various other duties. General computer skills are an absolute must. This is an exciting opportunity for a person passionate about television to work with state of the art equipment and systems in an evolving environment.
We are looking for an excellent team player who has a solutions-oriented approach, a “can do” attitude and the ability to multi-task without compromising quality.Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends with the possibility of overtime.
High School diploma, 20/20 vision (or correctable equivalent). Must be able to work over nights and weekends and to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening.
Qualified applicants, apply online at https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/6829/operations-technician/job and attach resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V