Apply by Monday, May 21
20 hours/week; $15 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities
-Update and maintain PCGS’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook
-Create quality and attention-grabbing posts that will benefit PCGS students, community partners and potential donors
-Respond to all comments, messages and inquiries on media channels
-Create fliers, videos and interactive tools to help boost engagement
-Purchase posts, while managing the budget
-Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly newsletter
-Draft at least four news articles a month
-Delegate news stories to other team members
-Seek out interesting news stories relating to the college that interests the general public
-Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
-Upload news stories to USF PCGS website
-Set up and break down PCGS hosted events
-Design fliers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by PCGS
-Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting, including preparing agenda and taking minutes
-Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about PCGS
-Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
-Research jobs for potential graduate/graduated students in the student development program
-Send out various job opportunities, certifications, workshops and conferences to help the students enhance their resumes
-Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
-Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations)
-Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
-Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
-Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
-Be an effective communicator, both written and oral
-Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
-Be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills, be detail-oriented, have the ability to prioritize, and be able to multitask and meet deadlines
Note: Other duties may been assigned as needed. Applicant may be required to work occasional evenings.
This position required a Level 1 criminal background check.
Send your resume and cover letter to Kelly Gaskell, assistant director of Patel College of Global Sustainability: firstname.lastname@example.org
This virtual position is responsible for assisting the Council’s Regional Director, Coordinators, and other staff members with the administration and coordination of the following major categories of internal operations and organizational activities. The Intern reports to the Manager of Training, Development, and Regional Operations, with direction from other National Diversity Council staff.
Primary tasks include:
• Promote Council events through communications to various groups already involved in the Council, as well as those who could be potentially interested in participating
• Distribute communications to various email list-serves for chapter meetings, events, and conference calls
• Draft articles – such as pre-event, post-event, and coverage pieces – for the Council’s
• Promote events through social media outlets (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
• Create weekly blurbs to help promote Council events and initiatives, as well as diversity and inclusion stories taking place nationally and globally
• Update pictures on social media sites accordingly
Activities & Events
• Conduct research, primarily on LinkedIn and Google, for potential speakers, award recipients,
and contacts in specific Council locations
• Conduct research on organizations that might be interested in becoming more active in the Council
• Help organize Council events
• Help organize logistics for chapter meetings
• Submit website requests to the web team
• Submit graphics requests to the graphics team for event flyers
• Update data and submit web, graphics, and communications request via Salesforce
• Coordinate conference calls and meetings based on different people’s schedules
• Update documents as needed
• Update email list-serves and excel spreadsheets as needed
• Record meeting minutes and conference call minutes as needed
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
• Must be able to commit to at least 1 year of internship service. *Note that this time frame is not definite and will depend on the intern’s performance in the role.
• During work hours, must have access to a computer with: Outlook, Excel, Word, and
• Must be able to work very efficiently with little supervision, given that the role is virtual
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to
STUDENT GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Marshall Student Center (MSC) Graphic Designer assists with a wide variety of print and digital media projects promoting services and events to students from the Marshall Student Center and other departments within the Community Development & Student Engagement unit.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Marshall Student Center Communications & Marketing Officer in all aspects of this position.
Candidates should be comfortable working 15-20 hours/week. The compensation for this
position is $9.00/hour.
Projects may include but not limited to:
• Promotional Items/T-shirts
• LCD Screens
• Email Newsletters
• Clerical and other tasks as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Current USF student enrolled at the Tampa campus with availability to work consistent
weekday business hours (between 8 am – 6 pm).
• Demonstrated ability in graphic design
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator) and the creative and print
• Must have proven understanding of page design elements and file formatting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be organized and customer-service oriented.
• Knowledge of photography and videography, including video editing software,
especially Adobe After Effects.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter, resume, and online portfolio (or PDF examples) to Lisa Beebe at
email@example.com. Applications must be received no later than Friday, April 13, 2018.
Click here to apply: https://gulfside-hospice.careerplug.com/jobs/746391/apps/new
Reporting to the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant coordinates the community education functions of the agency. This position works to identify, pursue and develop community partnerships, community education programs and outreach opportunities, and to promote the agency’s events, programs and activities.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or similar field and at least two years experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. Internships can replace two years of paid experience. (Healthcare or Hospice experience strongly preferred.)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant helps with all aspects of external and internal communications for the agency including:
• Media Relations – writing and sending press releases for appropriate GHPPC events and communicating with the media in a timely and appropriate manner;
• Assisting with the design, printing and ordering of brochures and fliers for external and internal needs;
• Helping with GHPPC’s newsletters for target publics including the community, donors, volunteers and staff;
• Representing GHPPC at community events/health fairs, as well as work in conjunction with other departments to supply material for events when needed;
• Help with the planning and day-of-event needs for GHPPC special events;
• Assisting with GHPPC’s digital marketing components, including:
• Maintaining an up-to-date website for the public to receive information about GHPPC in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and maintaining Social Media presence for GHPPC including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as the Gulfside Blog
• Working within the Hubspot platform for build landing pages, blog posts and emails
CREATION OF COLLATERAL MATERIAL
• With the Community Relations Manager, provides graphic design services or coordinates with outside vendor in utilizing artistic ability, desktop publishing, graphics and digital image software to create a variety of promotional materials that are consistent with the GHPPC brand.
• Interpret internal client’s needs and effectively design a product to meet their goals and objectives. Writes copy as needed for materials.
• Coordinates multiple tasks to meet production deadlines for all collateral material.
• Responsible for finishing in-house products for delivery to internal clients including printing multiple copies, folding, cutting, laminating and collating.
• Maintains an archive of completed designs in print and electronic formats.
• Remains current on all related software, technology and design techniques. Attends occasional workshops to enhance professional competencies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Required proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of advertising and public relations principals and techniques as practiced in the non-profit sector.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handing multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to initiate, coordinate and organize projects/tasks through to completion in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
• Must have above-average verbal and written communication skills and know AP Style for press releases and other written copy.
• Demonstrates courtesy, respect, sound judgment, and professionalism.
• Listens with patience and respect for the other person.
• Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all dealings.
• Maintains a positive attitude and caring spirit.
• Makes effective use of work time to accomplish tasks, keeping personal business, breaks and socializing to a minimum.
• Dependable, trustworthy, and demonstrates appropriate attendance pattern.
• Demonstrates concern for the rights, opinions, privacy and confidentiality of others.
• Willingly seeks new assignments, assumes additional duties when necessary, and takes independent action to identify problems.
• Seeks management involvement when necessary.
• Demonstrates prudent use of company resources.
• Practices Gulfside’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Philosophy in both words and actions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects/tools/controls, reach with hands/arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell. This employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.