Apply by Monday, May 21
20 hours/week; $15 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities
-Update and maintain PCGS’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook
-Create quality and attention-grabbing posts that will benefit PCGS students, community partners and potential donors
-Respond to all comments, messages and inquiries on media channels
-Create fliers, videos and interactive tools to help boost engagement
-Purchase posts, while managing the budget
-Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly newsletter
-Draft at least four news articles a month
-Delegate news stories to other team members
-Seek out interesting news stories relating to the college that interests the general public
-Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
-Upload news stories to USF PCGS website
-Set up and break down PCGS hosted events
-Design fliers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by PCGS
-Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting, including preparing agenda and taking minutes
-Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about PCGS
-Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
-Research jobs for potential graduate/graduated students in the student development program
-Send out various job opportunities, certifications, workshops and conferences to help the students enhance their resumes
-Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
-Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations)
-Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
-Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
-Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
-Be an effective communicator, both written and oral
-Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
-Be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills, be detail-oriented, have the ability to prioritize, and be able to multitask and meet deadlines
Note: Other duties may been assigned as needed. Applicant may be required to work occasional evenings.
This position required a Level 1 criminal background check.
Send your resume and cover letter to Kelly Gaskell, assistant director of Patel College of Global Sustainability: email@example.com
This virtual position is responsible for assisting the Council’s Regional Director, Coordinators, and other staff members with the administration and coordination of the following major categories of internal operations and organizational activities. The Intern reports to the Manager of Training, Development, and Regional Operations, with direction from other National Diversity Council staff.
Primary tasks include:
• Promote Council events through communications to various groups already involved in the Council, as well as those who could be potentially interested in participating
• Distribute communications to various email list-serves for chapter meetings, events, and conference calls
• Draft articles – such as pre-event, post-event, and coverage pieces – for the Council’s
• Promote events through social media outlets (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
• Create weekly blurbs to help promote Council events and initiatives, as well as diversity and inclusion stories taking place nationally and globally
• Update pictures on social media sites accordingly
Activities & Events
• Conduct research, primarily on LinkedIn and Google, for potential speakers, award recipients,
and contacts in specific Council locations
• Conduct research on organizations that might be interested in becoming more active in the Council
• Help organize Council events
• Help organize logistics for chapter meetings
• Submit website requests to the web team
• Submit graphics requests to the graphics team for event flyers
• Update data and submit web, graphics, and communications request via Salesforce
• Coordinate conference calls and meetings based on different people’s schedules
• Update documents as needed
• Update email list-serves and excel spreadsheets as needed
• Record meeting minutes and conference call minutes as needed
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
• Must be able to commit to at least 1 year of internship service. *Note that this time frame is not definite and will depend on the intern’s performance in the role.
• During work hours, must have access to a computer with: Outlook, Excel, Word, and
• Must be able to work very efficiently with little supervision, given that the role is virtual
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to
IM RUSSERT FELLOWSHIP (TV Content & Production)/NBCUniversal/DC: The Tim Russert Fellowship will be awarded to one motivated, passionate graduating student interested in pursuing a career in political journalism. Deadline for app is April 27, 2018
The Tim Russert Fellowship
TV Content & Production
NBC News and MSNBC
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
· The deadline for the application for the 2018-2019 Fellowship is Friday, April 27, 2018 at 5PM Eastern Time.
· The Tim Russert Fellowship will be awarded to one motivated, passionate graduating student interested in pursuing a career in political journalism. The Fellowship is a one-year, paid position in the NBC News Washington, D.C. Bureau. The fellow will work on a rotational basis in several areas of the Washington Bureau including “Meet the Press” and the NBC News Political Unit. Responsibilities will include assisting talent and producers, participating in news shoots, and story research. The goal is to give a talented journalist the opportunity to be mentored by seasoned NBC News staff members and experience a yearlong “boot camp” in political journalism.
· This is a one-year position. The program runs twelve months and consists of several long-term rotations in the Washington, DC Bureau. Relocation expenses are not covered.
HOW TO APPLY
· Upload your resume, cover letter, and essay (maximum of 250 words).
· What role should the media play in our nation’s political discourse?
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or Political Science
· Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
· Active involvement in journalism through work experience, on campus media involvement and/or internships
· Applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
· Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
· Must be willing to sign a one year employment contract.
· Highly motivated individuals
· Commitment to Television News Production as a career
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
· Proven leadership skills
· Proven commitment to community service
· Familiarity shooting with digital camera
· Familiarity with desktop editing
District of Columbia
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Click here to apply: https://gulfside-hospice.careerplug.com/jobs/746391/apps/new
Reporting to the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant coordinates the community education functions of the agency. This position works to identify, pursue and develop community partnerships, community education programs and outreach opportunities, and to promote the agency’s events, programs and activities.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or similar field and at least two years experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. Internships can replace two years of paid experience. (Healthcare or Hospice experience strongly preferred.)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant helps with all aspects of external and internal communications for the agency including:
• Media Relations – writing and sending press releases for appropriate GHPPC events and communicating with the media in a timely and appropriate manner;
• Assisting with the design, printing and ordering of brochures and fliers for external and internal needs;
• Helping with GHPPC’s newsletters for target publics including the community, donors, volunteers and staff;
• Representing GHPPC at community events/health fairs, as well as work in conjunction with other departments to supply material for events when needed;
• Help with the planning and day-of-event needs for GHPPC special events;
• Assisting with GHPPC’s digital marketing components, including:
• Maintaining an up-to-date website for the public to receive information about GHPPC in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and maintaining Social Media presence for GHPPC including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as the Gulfside Blog
• Working within the Hubspot platform for build landing pages, blog posts and emails
CREATION OF COLLATERAL MATERIAL
• With the Community Relations Manager, provides graphic design services or coordinates with outside vendor in utilizing artistic ability, desktop publishing, graphics and digital image software to create a variety of promotional materials that are consistent with the GHPPC brand.
• Interpret internal client’s needs and effectively design a product to meet their goals and objectives. Writes copy as needed for materials.
• Coordinates multiple tasks to meet production deadlines for all collateral material.
• Responsible for finishing in-house products for delivery to internal clients including printing multiple copies, folding, cutting, laminating and collating.
• Maintains an archive of completed designs in print and electronic formats.
• Remains current on all related software, technology and design techniques. Attends occasional workshops to enhance professional competencies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Required proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of advertising and public relations principals and techniques as practiced in the non-profit sector.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handing multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to initiate, coordinate and organize projects/tasks through to completion in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
• Must have above-average verbal and written communication skills and know AP Style for press releases and other written copy.
• Demonstrates courtesy, respect, sound judgment, and professionalism.
• Listens with patience and respect for the other person.
• Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all dealings.
• Maintains a positive attitude and caring spirit.
• Makes effective use of work time to accomplish tasks, keeping personal business, breaks and socializing to a minimum.
• Dependable, trustworthy, and demonstrates appropriate attendance pattern.
• Demonstrates concern for the rights, opinions, privacy and confidentiality of others.
• Willingly seeks new assignments, assumes additional duties when necessary, and takes independent action to identify problems.
• Seeks management involvement when necessary.
• Demonstrates prudent use of company resources.
• Practices Gulfside’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Philosophy in both words and actions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects/tools/controls, reach with hands/arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell. This employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Website URL: https://www.813area.com/
Briefly Describe Your Organization
MyArea Network is a city guide to all the great nightlife, events, restaurants and more in each city we’re in nationwide. In Tampa, 813area.com, leads to you the best dining, shopping, where to live and play and how to find the best events in the Tampa Bay area. MyArea Network publishes weekly content and offers full-service advertising to each client as a digital media and marketing firm.
Briefly Describe Anticipated Intern Tasks:
Every applicant should be organized and detailed oriented and able to multitask, working with each department in our Company. Only positive team players should apply. Each candidate should be able to work in a team-oriented, professional environment but also be able to work autonomously. Candidates should be deadline driven and creative thinkers. Relevant course-work or previous work experience is a plus. A personal laptop to bring and work off of is preferred, but not required. MyArea Network works with a broad range of local and national clients which will provide rich networking opportunities for every intern.
Interns in the content department will help staffers create articles/content for publication each week. They need basic writing and editing skills but will have the opportunity to work with our seasoned staff to develop their skills.
Graphic Art Department
Basic knowledge of design concepts is a must. Knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud is required. Interns will predominately work in Photoshop, but some InDesign or Illustrator projects may arise. A small portfolio to show previous design projects is a plus.
Graphic Art Interns will design display ads that will be seen on our sites across the nation; assist with designing print and point-of-sale materials, designing social media campaigns; proofing, editing or coming up with design concepts and campaigns for clients; basic WordPress web design and development.
Account Management Department interns will work with our staff and learn our we manage each phase of the sales process and our clients.
Name: Collin Sherwin
Title: Content Manager