The Office for Undergraduate Research Needs Your Expertise!
The Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) is seeking two students to join our marketing team during the Spring 2018 semester. Interns will help shape and execute the branding campaign for the 2018 Undergraduate Research Conference. Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to: creating marketing videos and social media spots to market the event, interviewing conference presenters and attendees, designing and attending campus events to promote the conference, creating press releases, reaching out to local news organization to publicize the event, and additional task as outlined by the OUR marketing team. Please see position details and application criteria below:
Position Criteria: Applicants must…
- be an undergraduate student in good academic standing
- be enrolled full-time (9 credits) during the Spring 2018 semester
- have a minimum GPA of 3.0
***Mass Communications majors specializing in multimedia journalism and production, public relations, and advertising are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Details: Interns will…
- be available up to 10 hours per week.
- be available to attend weekly team meetings
- receive a stipend of $1,300, which will be distributed over the course of the spring semester.
- be available to attend the Undergraduate Research Conference on April 19, 2018
How to Apply:
Please send a professional resume and a statement of interest to the OUR Assistant Director, Lisa M. Piazza- email@example.com . The statement should describe your skills, background, and experience relevant to the position.
AWSM INTERNSHIPS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Up to 10 female college students will receive:
» a paid summer internship
» a $1,000 scholarship
» registration and lodging at AWSM’s 2018 conference
» a one-year membership to AWSM!
Recent employers include: ESPN, CNN, USA Today, MLB.com, USA Softball, Golf Channel and Sports Illustrated
THE ASSOCIATION FOR WOMEN IN SPORTS MEDIA
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN PURSUING A CAREER IN
PRINT/DIGITAL, BROADCAST OR MEDIA RELATIONS,
FIND THE APPLICATION AT AWSMONLINE.ORG
APPLY SEPT. 1 THRU OCT. 31
NO FEE FOR AWSM MEMBERS // $40 FOR NON-MEMBERS
SIGN UP FOR A STUDENT MEMBERSHIP FOR JUST $25 AND SAVE!
OPEN TO SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS AND SENIORS AND GRAD STUDENTS
The American Association of Kidney Patients, a national non-profit headquartered in Tampa, near USF, is in need of an unpaid intern or volunteers
Some tasks would include: crafting social media posts, assisting with website edits, assisting with public relations efforts, working in digital marketing (Constant Contact).
For more information, contact:
I AM was created to celebrate the lives of history’s greatest heroes. There is no shortage of inspiring individuals or groups, the responsibility of honoring and retelling their story is ours.
We have hugely popularized icons with plenty of others also worthy of iconic status; their names too must live on as we can say “I AM” simply because they were.
I AM is looking for a social media manager to work alongside the co-founders to build out the social media strategy. The social media manager will be responsible for building I AM’s brand on social media platforms. You will also be responsible for reaching out to influencers on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube and working with them to advocate for I AM.
The role will also include creating and updating a database of journalists, key contacts,
research suppliers and pitching stories to press. You will assist with organising events,
prepare look books, press days and will manage client’s expectations on a daily basis so it will be a very varied role. The agency has an excellent reputation within their niche sector.
You will get a chance to work with exciting and well-known, global fashion and beauty
● Assist with streamlining our social media accounts ( Instagram, Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn and YouTube), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing
pages, images and videos.
● Develop relevant content topics to reach our target audience.
● Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
● Responding to comments, answer questions. Monitor, listen and respond to users in
a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
● Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues
and answering questions where appropriate.
● Develop and expand community or influencer outreach efforts.
● Executing and reporting on paid social campaigns, revising the strategy when
relevant – training will be provided.
● Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the
● Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations
and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising
● Be able to handle numerous tasks and hit the ground running. You will need good
judgement and be a confident decision maker and be able to work independently. A
relevant degree relevant degree is desirable.
● An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft
Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
● Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook
● Basic knowledge of Photoshop – or willing to learn.
● Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
● Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org