HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
Chester H. Ferguson Law Center
1610 N. Tampa St.
Tampa FL 33602
(813) 221-7777 Fax (813) 221-7778
Communications Internship (Fall 2019/Spring 2020 Semesters)
As a communications intern, you will closely work with the Communications and IT team in promoting and supporting the Hillsborough County Bar Association’s events, programs and outreach
• Assist with social media posting and brainstorming, and basic video production
• Produce event flyers and simple graphics
• Assist with website and weekly e-newsletter updates
• Draft short articles and content for Lawyer magazine and proof-read magazine content
• Draft news releases and other collateral
• Assist with event logistics, including taking photos, helping staff with check-in and event setup
The internship is unpaid and will require at least 12 hours a week, more hours are fine if required for college credit. Flexible schedule. Please confirm with your University to determine if this internship meets the requirements for credit.
Office Location: 1610 N. Tampa Street (just north of downtown Tampa, parking provided)
Desired Skills & Experience
• Pursuing a degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or similar field
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a professional setting and represent the Bar Association in public settings
• Strong writer and proof-reader
• Experience with social media, basic video production, and common computer software
programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred
• High attention to detail, able to work independently
• Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks efficiently
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Stacy Williams at email@example.com.
About the Hillsborough County Bar Association
The Hillsborough County Bar Association is one of the largest voluntary bar associations in Florida with a membership of approximately 4,000 attorneys, judges and legal professionals. The HCBA is a vibrant, diverse organization that has earned a national reputation for its outstanding programs and events. We coordinate a variety of large and small events and programs annually for our members,
including the annual Bench Bar Conference, membership luncheons, continuing education seminars, and public outreach programs. Website: http://www.hillsbar.com.