Europe: London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Florence, Rome, Zurich.
Rest of World: Sydney, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires.
Women’s Tennis Association, St. Petersburg, FL
Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Job Title: Intern, Communications
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Coordinator, Communications
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with media monitoring and reporting
- Distributing daily clippings report
- Weekly champion’s clips
- Building media contact lists and maintaining contact databases
- Writing media notes for tournaments scheduled throughout the 2018 season
- Organize the monthly department call and other departments calls, taking and sharing minutes
- Updating rolling documents for department use (issues management, WTA statements, etc.)
- Assist with updating Player Toolkits
- Research best practices across other organizations
- Research and update historical data
- Assist with Tour publications including weekly newsletter
- Special projects, as required
Ideal Experience and Traits
- The candidate must be recently graduated or currently enrolled in college/university
- Studies and/or experience in the area of Communications, Public Relations, Digital Media and/or Marketing
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Advanced computer experience using word processing and spreadsheets
- Confidential and dependable
- Tennis knowledge preferred, not required
To apply send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Public Relations Internship at Moffitt Cancer Center
Do you love writing? Do you like to have fun? Do you want to join a creative, dynamic team that’s making a difference in the fight against cancer? If you answered yes, you may be the next intern in Public Relations & Strategic Communication Department at Moffitt Cancer Center.
Work Responsibilities and Projects:
- Draft basic public relations materials including, news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, appeal letters, and other materials as directed
- Meet with faculty to discuss and develop proactive pitching ideas
- Create reports on media coverage
- Send newsworthy items to appropriate Moffitt physicians, researchers, administrators and staff
- Coordinate logistics for video and photo shoots
- Compile and update media contact databases
- Research and draft articles for Moffitt publications
- Develop social media content to promote Moffitt publications
- Update MOFFITT.org website
- Monitor and engage in Moffitt’s social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest)
- Assist with video shoots
- Assist with the promotion of community relations outreach and events
- Support the development and execution of community relations events
This unpaid internship (approximately 20 hours per week) is open to college students. Applicants should have completed coursework in public relations, journalism and/or communications. Prior internships in public relations or journalism are a plus. Please email your résumé, cover letter and writing samples to:
Kim Polacek, APR, CPRC
Senior Public Relations Account Coordinator
Moffitt Cancer Center
December 15, 2017
Greens and Gold Fresh Market Internship
Communication/Marketing/Public Relations Intern
DO YOU LIKE?
- Organizing activities for your friends?
- Connecting different groups of people?
- Big-picture thinking and checking things off a list?
- Shopping at outdoor markets?
- Sharing interesting things with others?
We’re looking for an intern to help us promote, sustain, organize and plan our weekly Fresh Market for the Spring 2018 semester. This internship is great experience for any student interested in Public Relations and event planning.
The Greens and Gold Fresh Market is a weekly, open-air market with 30 local Tampa vendors. Our mission promotes overall well-being by encouraging social connectedness; increasing access to healthy produce and products; providing educational activities and programs; and connecting the campus community to health and wellness resources on campus.
- Supervisor for student volunteers (morning & afternoon shift)
- Set up volunteer schedule/shifts and responsibilities
- Vendor logistics (parking, check-in)
- Morning vendor Unloading
- Afternoon vendor breakdown (loading, parking, check-out)
- Work with marketing staff and public health intern on the Spring Communication plan (marketing plan)
- Timeline, messaging, themes
- Marketing Dissemination plan
- Assist Laurie with Market Logistics
- Parking requests, communication with stakeholders etc.
- Set up volunteer schedule/shifts and responsibilities
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Social media skills such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram for communication and promotion of market
Organization: ReDefiners World Languages
Department: Public Relations
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (Some Saturdays)
Number of Openings: Two
Hours Per Week: 16 Hours/week; 200 hours
Length of Commitment: 13 Weeks/Spring
Course Credit: 2 Credit Hours
● Office- 2156 University Square
Mall, Tampa, FL 33612
● Field Work in Tampa, FL
Compensation: Unpaid Internship; possible
Contact: Chantelle Daniels,
CDaniels@redefinerswl.org ; 813-530-2313
Who Are We?
ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. Education in global communication is paramount in developing cognitive skills, creating opportunities for upward mobility, and establishing a foundation to excel in an ever increasing globalized society. We strive to provide local language learning opportunities in Arabic, Spanish and Mandarin through our enrichment program to our children regardless of socioeconomic background.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Strategic development of social media engagement
● Manage Google Ads Content Creation
● SEO Optimization
● Print and Digital Media content optimization & creation to appeal to various
stakeholders: Prospective donors, participants, program partners, volunteers, event
sponsors and participants
● Write Press Releases
● Increase program enrollment
● Build social media donor database
Send cover letter, resume and recent transcripts to jobs@ReDefinersWL.org Attention Chantelle
ReDefiners World Languages Inc.
Language Learning ReDefined…for a Brighter Future!
Web: http://www.redefinerswl.org Email: Info@redefinerswl.org Phone: 813-530-2313
Deadline: December 12
Social Media Marketing Intern
The primary duties of the Social Media Marketing Intern include managing and posting to the Zimmerman School’s social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as those of our colleague departments in the School of Social Sciences. Responsibilities include creating/updating the School’s social media marketing plan; weekly social media content calendars; writing posts; gathering multimedia; compiling monthly analytics, and other duties as needed. Candidates must have strong writing skills and present examples of both longer-form media writing and social media use. Candidates must not have inappropriate personal social media accounts.
Digital Multimedia Intern
The primary task of the Digital Multimedia Intern is to capture permanent visual representations of events and activities hosted by the Zimmerman School and the School of Social Sciences. This involves creating photographs and video, using the School’s equipment, and using photo and video editing software. This intern must know (at a minimum) basic operation of video cameras and DSLRs, as well as software including Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects. Candidates for this position must present a compilation reel of published work.
Digital Design Intern
The primary task of the Digital Design Intern is to create content for print and online that markets the Zimmerman School and the broader School of Social Sciences. This involves creating banners, posters, brochures and other marketing materials using the School’s software and computer equipment. This intern must be experienced with design-related software, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Candidates for this position must present a portfolio of class work or published designs. The successful candidate either has extensive experience in high school yearbook or has taken Design and Production class in the Zimmerman School.
All positions require:
- Strong storytelling skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A desire to tell the story of all things going on at the Zimmerman School, across all of the major sequences in PR, advertising and digital media.
- A self-starter, someone who works proactively.
- Flexible school and personal schedules in order to document and market Zimmerman School events and accomplishments.
- An ability to work with various faculty to find out information for marketing content.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume by Dec. 12, plus links to clips or portfolio/reel, to:
Wayne Garcia, Director Zimmerman School of Advertising and Mass Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org