Apply by Monday, May 21
20 hours/week; $15 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities
-Update and maintain PCGS’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook
-Create quality and attention-grabbing posts that will benefit PCGS students, community partners and potential donors
-Respond to all comments, messages and inquiries on media channels
-Create fliers, videos and interactive tools to help boost engagement
-Purchase posts, while managing the budget
-Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly newsletter
-Draft at least four news articles a month
-Delegate news stories to other team members
-Seek out interesting news stories relating to the college that interests the general public
-Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
-Upload news stories to USF PCGS website
-Set up and break down PCGS hosted events
-Design fliers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by PCGS
-Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting, including preparing agenda and taking minutes
-Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about PCGS
-Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
-Research jobs for potential graduate/graduated students in the student development program
-Send out various job opportunities, certifications, workshops and conferences to help the students enhance their resumes
-Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
-Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations)
-Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
-Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
-Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
-Be an effective communicator, both written and oral
-Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
-Be self-motivated, possess good organizational skills, be detail-oriented, have the ability to prioritize, and be able to multitask and meet deadlines
Note: Other duties may been assigned as needed. Applicant may be required to work occasional evenings.
This position required a Level 1 criminal background check.
Send your resume and cover letter to Kelly Gaskell, assistant director of Patel College of Global Sustainability: firstname.lastname@example.org
This virtual position is responsible for assisting the Council’s Regional Director, Coordinators, and other staff members with the administration and coordination of the following major categories of internal operations and organizational activities. The Intern reports to the Manager of Training, Development, and Regional Operations, with direction from other National Diversity Council staff.
Primary tasks include:
• Promote Council events through communications to various groups already involved in the Council, as well as those who could be potentially interested in participating
• Distribute communications to various email list-serves for chapter meetings, events, and conference calls
• Draft articles – such as pre-event, post-event, and coverage pieces – for the Council’s
• Promote events through social media outlets (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
• Create weekly blurbs to help promote Council events and initiatives, as well as diversity and inclusion stories taking place nationally and globally
• Update pictures on social media sites accordingly
Activities & Events
• Conduct research, primarily on LinkedIn and Google, for potential speakers, award recipients,
and contacts in specific Council locations
• Conduct research on organizations that might be interested in becoming more active in the Council
• Help organize Council events
• Help organize logistics for chapter meetings
• Submit website requests to the web team
• Submit graphics requests to the graphics team for event flyers
• Update data and submit web, graphics, and communications request via Salesforce
• Coordinate conference calls and meetings based on different people’s schedules
• Update documents as needed
• Update email list-serves and excel spreadsheets as needed
• Record meeting minutes and conference call minutes as needed
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
• Must be able to commit to at least 1 year of internship service. *Note that this time frame is not definite and will depend on the intern’s performance in the role.
• During work hours, must have access to a computer with: Outlook, Excel, Word, and
• Must be able to work very efficiently with little supervision, given that the role is virtual
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to
Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine, the area’s most trusted resource for family fun, local stories and events is looking for a video production/marketing intern to assist in creating fun and informative videos for our social media channels and website.
*Work with Editorial Manager and Editorial Assistant to curate digital content for multiple websites and social media platforms.
*Shoot and edit short videos for website and social media.
*Assist with Facebook Live video productions.
*Help create graphics and photos for website, social media and e-mail communications.
*There will be opportunities to write articles for print and web.
A strong interest in social media and creative marketing.
Previous experience with photography/videography.
Moderate to strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere) is preferred.
A willingness to learn and even share your knowledge!
Available summer or fall semester. We are flexible with schedules, but hours required will be during weekday business hours.
Contact: Sarah Stoulil: email@example.com
STUDENT GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Marshall Student Center (MSC) Graphic Designer assists with a wide variety of print and digital media projects promoting services and events to students from the Marshall Student Center and other departments within the Community Development & Student Engagement unit.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Marshall Student Center Communications & Marketing Officer in all aspects of this position.
Candidates should be comfortable working 15-20 hours/week. The compensation for this
position is $9.00/hour.
Projects may include but not limited to:
• Promotional Items/T-shirts
• LCD Screens
• Email Newsletters
• Clerical and other tasks as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Current USF student enrolled at the Tampa campus with availability to work consistent
weekday business hours (between 8 am – 6 pm).
• Demonstrated ability in graphic design
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator) and the creative and print
• Must have proven understanding of page design elements and file formatting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be organized and customer-service oriented.
• Knowledge of photography and videography, including video editing software,
especially Adobe After Effects.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter, resume, and online portfolio (or PDF examples) to Lisa Beebe at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than Friday, April 13, 2018.