Congressman Charlie Crist’s reelection campaign is seeking interns and digital ambassadors! If you’re one of our supporters and have social media or a college student looking for communications experience, this is the role for you. The best part? You can be a part of this historic election by joining from your computer screen! For interested interns, please email a resume and 3 references to Amina Spahic at firstname.lastname@example.org. For digital ambassadors, see the attached links and join our Tuesday zoom meetings at 6 pm!
Digital Ambassador Weekly Meeting (zoom)
Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/cristforcongress/event/319055/
DIGITAL AMBASSADOR SIGN UP FORM: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1S2mkXx-phuAY8fukGfbLEQMJJNg8CjBbETd70lSfqGg/edit
Bulls Media has two part-time job openings: social media coordinator and sports coordinator.
Apply on Handshake: https://usf.joinhandshake.com/postings?query=bulls%20media&ref=global-search.
If you have questions about internships, please contact internship co-director Karen Peterson at email@example.com.
Here is the link to our application form. Deadline: Nov. 1, 5 p.m.
Who should apply? Sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students on media/news tracks. Experience at a college publication is a plus. Top applicants have already completed at least one professional internship.
How do I apply? Click here. Where applicable, clips should be accessible (no paywalls), printable and legible.
What is the pay? Summer interns receive $500 for a 40-hour week. You will not be eligible to receive benefits.
Time frame? Internships run 10 weeks. Start and end dates are flexible, but typically begin in late May or early June.
What are the application deadlines? Nov. 1 at 5 p.m. Our internships are competitive so you would be smart to apply sooner.
Where are your jobs located? Interns are assigned to our St. Petersburg or Tampa newsrooms.
What do I need to do the job? You must have a laptop and a reliable, personal means of transportation. Mileage is reimbursed.
Great digital news and social media internships.
Note: Interns will have in-person training for two weeks. After that, they will work from home.
Applications are being taken through midnight, Sept. 2.
DRAGONFLY STORIES – A MULLINGS GROUP COMPANY
DELRAY BEACH, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES
The ideal candidate is a team player, collaborative and resourceful. You must be comfortable working as part of a team. Below is a snapshot of what the role would entail.
- Set up and prepare cameras for production• Assist with lighting and audio set up • Ensure all technology, audio, and visual connections are set up properly and are functioning within the control room • Assist with set design and breakdown including moving props, furniture, and equipment • Conduct research on tools and technology to enhance productivity and set capabilities • Order tools, equipment, accessories, and expendables required for a set operation • Perform maintenance on cameras and set equipment • Troubleshoot camera, lighting, and audio equipment issues • Maintain inventory of all set equipment including cameras, lights, and audio equipment as well as all essential and nonessential accessories • Prepare, pack, and manage all production equipment for offsite and travel productions • Maintain camera logs during offsite and travel productions • Organize and maintain the cleanliness of all production areas • Pull focus for camera operator when necessary • Operate camera as a backup operator when necessary • Manage media including media transfer, back up, and organization when necessary
Knowledge and Skills
- Well-rounded knowledge of the setup, function, and maintenance of a variety of cameras required. Experience with Arri Amiras and Sony FS7 Mark II preferred • Proficient in troubleshooting camera and equipment issues • Well-rounded knowledge of all aspects of the camera department required.
- Basic knowledge of lighting set up preferred • Basic knowledge of control room set up and operation preferred • Ability to multi-task and delegate responsibilities • Must be a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment • Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to work under pressure
- Background in both field and studio environments required • 3 years of experience as a 2nd AC required. 1st AC experience preferred Resume with strong references will be required for consideration. The submission of reel is encouraged.
PLEASE EMAIL Rena@mullingsgroup.com
Communications Academic Intern Job Description
This position is located in the USF College of Public Health’s Office of Engagement and Constituent Relations (OECR), but will be fulfilled virtually until further notice. The team is primarily responsible for increasing awareness, strengthening affinity, and providing opportunities for engagement with the college. Specifically, the office includes four professional staff responsible for: alumni relations, communications, website, marketing, and videography. This person will report to the OECR’s writer (for writing duties) and the engagement officer (for social media duties).
The communications intern works closely with members of the OECR communications team to help promote the COPH. The student will write/produce stories supporting the COPH mission—improve the public’s health through advancing discovery, learning, and service— and support social media campaigns. The intern may also assist in the occasional production of graphic design elements, still photography, and video in support of COPH, sometimes on short notice and with immediate deadlines. Ideal applicants should enjoy interviewing sources for story development, be a good writer, and be adept with social media. Additionally, the intern must have a warm customer-service demeanor, be receptive to constructive criticism during the editing process, be able to execute in a collaborative creative environment, work rapidly and with some independence.
Initially, the position is for the fall and spring semesters. The position may be renewed annually until the student graduates based on student performance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interview public health students, faculty, alumni, and staff and write stories for the college’s bi-weekly newsletter. Stories range from human interest to research to
- Capture photos, video, and audio to enhance story development and social media
- Liaison with COPH/USF Health social media staff to tweet about USF COPH news and
- Support social media by creating content for stories and health awareness
The student must be enrolled at USF.
- Major or minor in mass communications, journalism, or English
- Experience reporting and writing for other publications, including student newspapers
- Willingness to promote public health and help share the college’s story
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with USF Health and member colleges/schools
- Photography and videography skills
- Stellar customer-service attitude
- Strong grasp of social media (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook)
Customer-service performance expectations
Courteous and helpful behavior toward students, alumni, faculty, staff, coworkers, donors, and external customers; professional verbal and written communications; and, ensuring a timely and thorough response to complaints and/or critiques.
Interested students should email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the following:
- Current resume
- Cover letter addressing the interest in this position and how the student is uniquely qualified for it
- Examples of non-academic writing (essays, blogs, published articles—human interest and research), photography, and/or videography skills. URLs are
Marketing/Social Media Internship
This internship can either be work-from-home or in-office based on input from the academic institution, the student, and the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay.
This internship provides a practical and meaningful experience by working closely with professionals in the Development and Marketing Department of a well-respected area non-profit agency. Students will have the ability to directly utilize their skills to help increase and enhance the organization’s awareness. They will routinely assist with special projects that will expose them to the full-range of programs and services offered by the Crisis Center.
- Concept, create and schedule Crisis Center Facebook page posts on a daily basis
- Concept, create and schedule Crisis Center Twitter posts on a regular basis
- Utilize Hootsuite software program to schedule advance social media postings
- Develop and cultivate content for other social media sites including LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Assist with information postings on the Crisis Center’s website
- Identify unique ways to promote and publicize the Crisis Center via social media
- Writing blog posts or newsletter articles
- Assisting with media coordination
- Identify unique ways to promote/publicize the Crisis Center
Interested candidates should submit a resume and writing samples to Ken Gibson at the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay (email@example.com / 813-969-4989)
Are you interested in getting real-world experience in the media field? Then apply to be an intern at Tampa Bay Arts and Education Network (TBAE) this Fall Semester! TBAE is looking for self-motivated and hard working students to join our team. Every TBAE intern will leave this internship knowing what it takes to be a professional working in television. They will also learn to produce and edit their own promotional video or PSA to use in their professional reel. TBAE offers students two different tracks to choose from as their internship focus.
Pre-Production, Distribution, and Marketing Intern:
- Write and execute a script
- Execute social media during LIVE taping of programs
- Learn Marketing Skills on how to promote original programming
- Gain teleprompter skills
- Learn Floor Director Skills in TBAE’s state of the art studios
- Learn video production and editing skills
- Create email campaigns to market TBAE
Video Production/Editor Intern:
- Write and execute a script
- Gain teleprompter skills
- Learn to set up camera and lighting equipment in TBAE’s virtual production studio
- Technical Directing in TBAE’s Master Control during productions
- Train on live multi-camera productions in the field
- Interns will be trained in Adobe Photoshop
- Edit video using Final Cut X software
- Cut and edit public service announcements (PSA’s) and program episodes.
To protect our staff and interns everyone is required to wear a mask when in the office. Interns will also get their own desk to avoid sharing computers. In order to avoid large groups and limit time spent in the office we have also incorporated virtual learning to our internship program. Interns will communicate using Google Docs and participate in three Zoom trainings listed below:
- Video Formats & Codec Proper Usage
- Lighting Composition and Videography
- Intro to Wirecast for Production
This is an unpaid internship and can be used for college credit. All applications must be submitted online by August 28th at 4 PM. To apply for any of the positions, please submit your application along with a resume OR a recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plant City Chamber are seeking an intern to shadow our Community Relations Manager and Communications Coordinator, and to assist in serving the members and the community. The learning opportunities for the students are diverse.
The Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce is the leading organization for connecting the community to its businesses. Throughout the year we offer different networking, leadership and educational opportunities for our members. In addition, we produce several large community events to enhance the local quality of life and attract new faces to the Plant City area. We are seeking an intern who wants to gain public relations, marketing, communications and/or business experience. This internship includes a stipend. The student is expected to work from our office in downtown Plant City. Please inquire with Sophia Hyde for more details.
Contact Sophia Hyde: email@example.com