Communications Internship Position
Sarasota-Based Non-Profit Organization Seeks Communications Intern
Lighthouse Vision Loss Education Center is currently looking for a passionate and talented intern to join our team! This internship is an opportunity for students to learn about communications in a
non-profit organization. Students will have the ability to directly utilize their skills to help increase and enhance the organization’s awareness. They will routinely assist with special projects that will expose them to the full-range of programs and services offered by the Lighthouse. If you think you would be a good fit and are interested in joining our team, send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com.
- Junior or Senior level undergraduate students in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Digital Communications, English or related fields can apply. Design and video skills a plus.
- Access to reliable transportation enabling regular, predictable, on-time attendance and passing background check.
Minimum 10 hours per week based on internship requirements if applicable. All interns will attend department meetings.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Create and distribute press releases
- Assisting with media coordination
- Create engaging content for client stories, newsletter articles and appeal pieces
- Help schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Support the development team in daily administrative tasks
- Manage and create content on social media accounts
- Identify unique ways to promote and publicize the Lighthouse via social media
- Help to brainstorm campaign ideas
This internship is unpaid and for college credit if applicable.