The American Heart Association’s Tampa Bay Communications and Marketing Director is seeking an intern for the Fall 2019 semester. This internship is a great learning experience for students looking for employment in public relations, marketing or community relations.
About the American Heart Association
Founded in 1924, the American Heart Association is the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary health organization with a mission to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. To help prevent, treat and defeat these diseases, we fund cutting-edge research, conduct lifesaving public and professional educational programs, and advocate to protect public health.
Description of primary duties
- Create local social media content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Create promotional materials for local events
- Coordinate resources for local events
- Attend events and assist the Communications
- Plan and conduct visits with local media outlets
- Attend interviews at local media outlets
- Write blog posts about heart health
- Copy writing
- Run nearby errands (stores and media outlets) to drop off and pick up communications materials
- Create colorful ROI documents to present to media sponsors
- Media tracking and reporting
- Assembling media kits
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Strong writer
- Social media savvy
- Some skill/interest in photography
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Outgoing, hardworking, punctual
Please email resumes or letters of interest to Kelley Riedy, Director of Communications and Marketing, at Kelley.Riedy@heart.org.