Fox 13 WTVT-TV, the Fox O&O in Tampa, FL seeks an Information Systems Manager. The ideal candidate will assist FOX IT with technical support of desktop computers, servers, network, applications, and related technology used to operate the station. Support includes specification, installation, and repair of computer systems and peripherals within established FOX standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with station personnel as well as with other members of the FOX IT team to define requirements and deliver against project and support goals. The position provides one-on-one consultancy to end users as required. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network, servers and associated equipment. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, effective communication and problem solving skills. Work performed is with little supervision, requires initiative and good judgment.
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing support of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendors to resolve technical problems as necessary.
- Work with others in IT and Engineering community as appropriate to determine and resolve problems and/or meeting project objectives.
- Works with numerous hardware, software and network products in a multi-layered distributed computing environment.
- Enforces company policies regarding security, privacy, and data loss prevention.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated file servers, email servers, Internet, news management, broadcast servers and business systems.
- Orient staff on use of hardware and software as needed.
- Recommends and performs upgrades on systems to ensure reliability, performance and longevity.
- Assist with the procurement of hardware and software.
- Maintain LAN / Wi-Fi infrastructure with general guidance.
- Maintain records, audits trails, and documentation to support policy and procedure and contribute to the general operating efficiency of the job.
- Assist in the ordering and configuration of wireless devices within defined standards.
- Develop procedures and/or processes to manage workload.
- Participate in corporate governance programs as required by policy.
- Manage support and deployment of telecom infrastructure.
In depth technical familiarity on the deployment, support and effective use of standard technologies including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Window 7 &10 and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Systems and components for workstations and laptop computers.
- Windows File Servers (2008 and newer)
- Backup software (Netbackup, Backup-Exec, etc)
- Network printers, fax machines, scanners, and multi-function-devices.
- Diagnostic tools for PC’s and networks.
- Ethernet and TCP/IP (Cisco Switches and routers)
- DHCP and DNS
- Principles of firewalls, NAC Appliances, and End-point protection software
- Newsroom systems desirable (Avid, Grass Valley, BitCentral)
- PBX / VOIP – Cisco Call Manager
- Virus and Malware remediation tools
- Virtualization (VMWare 6.5), SAN Storage (HPE and Netapp) is desirable.
- Exposure to Cloud based solutions is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Well organized and methodical.
- Show initiative and follow-up to insure successful results.
- Flexible and agile to respond to changes in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as required by the stations business needs including extended hours, weekends and holidays.