Communications & Marketing Intern/Staff Assistant
This paid, semester-long internship is designed for students who have demonstrated their communication skills through classroom and volunteer experience and are ready to build their portfolios in a professional environment. Working within the communications team, interns need to be able to take direction, work independently and collaboratively, ask questions for clarification when necessary, and remain open to constructive feedback to take your skills to the next level. Attire is business casual when in the office (collared shirts and no jeans/shorts) and business professional for events or meetings with leadership. Our office is located on the north side of Fletcher Ave. near Magnolia Ave., so parking is free and always available. We appreciate that your education takes priority, so we will work around your class and exam schedule as needed. Beyond your direct responsibilities, you will be invited to project meetings to observe how communication plans are developed and implemented.
· Write profiles of alumni, scholarship recipients, faculty chair/professorship holders, and articles about donor-funded programs and research at USF Health
· Assist in the creation of content for blogs, e-mail campaigns, online promotions, etc.
· Contribute to social media content and scheduling for USF Health alumni Facebook pages and fundraising priorities to be amplified by other USF System communicators
· Create multimedia content including videos and infographics for digital outreach
· Assist with alumni and stewardship events including setup, check-in, photography and breakdown
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Recent graduate or upper-level/graduate student seeking a degree in public relations, advertising, marketing, communications or a related field
· Graphic design or video/photography skills a plus
· Creative self-starter with initiative to learn software and identify emerging communication trends
· Online portfolio required, including at least one writing sample
Compensation: $10/hour for 10-20 hours per week. Internship may be renewed a second semester based on strong work performance.
To apply: Send a cover letter, current resume and links to work samples by September 12, 2019, to Davina Y. Gould, APR, Director of Communications and Marketing, Development and Alumni Relations,firstname.lastname@example.org.