The Assistant Content Editor is responsible for reviewing and editing all incoming programming content, ensuring compliance with ION’s Standards (content decency and technical), as well as with FCC regulations and guidelines in order to maintain consistent brand images for ION Life and Qubo networks.
- View all incoming series episodes and movie content to ensure they meet ION Standards and FCC broadcast regulations and guidelines.
- View Programming Content and note editing requirements such as removal of FCC indecency violations in Avid for editors.
- View screeners of movies with non-exclusive editing rights.
- View content for Qubo network to ensure appropriateness for children.
- View all programming for technical problems and communicate pass or rejection to appropriate staff.
- View live programming and use On Air sensor to protect ION against any potential FCC indecency violations.
- Edit Content for Digital Networks as assigned.
- Assist in formatting Qubo Video On Demand programming.
- If necessary, conform SAP to content as needed.
- Handle closed captioning for the networks.
- Required to assist and be on call 24/7.
- Bachelors’ degree, Mass Communication/Broadcasting preferred.
- Experience in a broadcast network environment preferred.
- Understanding of FCC indecency guidelines.
- Experience with non-linear editing, Avid Media Composer a plus.
- Proficiency in reading and understanding Tektronix scopes in relation to acceptable Broadcast Video/Gamut and Audio loudness levels.
- Ability to learn new software and systems and adapt quickly.
- Ability to understand and articulate highly technical concepts and requirements to a variety of audiences.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and thorough.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point required.