East Tampa Youth Basketball Association (ETYBA), Tampa Thunder and Tampa Titans seeks to fill an unpaid internship position in the Tampa Bay area.
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our dynamic non-profit boys and girls youth basketball organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how a 501(c)(3) organization and a youth travel basketball program operates.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist in preparing information and research materials as needed
● Take notes and memos during meetings; type documents, drafts, and reports; sort and
● Manage databases and input information, data, and records
● Edit video footage utilizing Hudl to develop individual highlight reels
● Set up, break down, organize, and participate in the coordination of events / basketball
tournaments (Dates are TBD)
● Attend organizational functions (Board Meetings, Try-Outs, Practices, Tournaments –
some travel required)
● Shadow multiple positions/teams/coaches and support each in a variety of tasks
● Update and post supervised social media and website content; respond to web
correspondence, social media posts, and emails
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
● High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college
program to receive credit
● Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
● Proficient in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
● Proficient in video editing software (Hudl)
● Must be 18 years of age
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Self-directed and able to work without supervision
● Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
Our mission is to provide a healthy but competitive venue for young athletes aspiring to be skilled basketball players. We believe in giving our players a firm foundation in the many individual skills required to be a strong basketball player. Equally important, our coaches teach our players to use these skills effectively as a team. Most importantly, our program will instill our players with the team core values of discipline, respect, integrity, selflessness, and commitment which will ensure continued improvement in the future.
Of utmost importance in achieving our mission for our youth athletes is that we focus on the development of our youth members as individuals and as a team. Our program emphasizes three core principles – teamwork, character development, and personal fitness – to achieve the mission. Our team program aims to teach young athletes the importance of teamwork by learning to meet, develop relationships, and work with new people in their lives to achieve excellence on the court – something that will be important throughout life. Character development occurs through good sportsmanship and ambassadorship in representing their club to the community through our community service programs, and in competitions. Personal
fitness, both physical and mental, is developed through the medium of competitive youth
basketball requiring athletes to maintain a healthy lifestyle through practices, competitions and maintaining strong academic performance.
Send resumes to RudyWebbETYBA@gmail.com