ALPHA HOUSE OF TAMPA, INC.
JOB TITLE: Advancement Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Part-Time (25 hours / week)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Alpha House of Tampa creates sustainable change in the lives of our community’s most vulnerable families.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Advancement, the Advancement Specialist is responsible for providing administrative and technical support for the implementation of annual and capital marketing and fundraising activities and the coordination of agency volunteerism.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the organization’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan.
• Professionally represent Alpha House of Tampa to a variety of audiences and interact effectively with external constituencies on- and off-site. This may include providing tours of the campus and facilities to visitors; interfacing appropriately with staff, volunteers, donors, and prospects in person and on the phone; and participating in community networking events.
• Maintain a robust social media presence, prepare a monthly electronic newsletter utilizing a marketing automation platform, and helping to update the current website and create content for a new one.
• Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, and pre- and post-event evaluations. Events include but are not limited to: regularly scheduled Lunch & Learns, special event fundraisers, and capital campaign activities.
• Identify tangible items needed for program, market that information to the community, acknowledge donors as appropriate, and make items available to staff for client distribution.
• Manage donor database, inputting data and generating reports; handle written acknowledgment of financial gifts and other correspondence as needed.
• On an as-needed basis, coordinate group and individual volunteer activities and track those hours.
• Assist with the solicitation and cultivation of relationships to generate revenue.
• Assist with the coordination and monitoring of advancement timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
The ability to work non-traditional hours (early morning and evening, as well as weekends) is required.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with staff and volunteers.
• Excellent management skills; ability to influence, inspire and engage peers and volunteers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (esp. Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel) is expected and experience in data-tracking software is a plus, as well as a professional demeanor, a strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Intellectual ability and demonstrated ability to think strategically.
• Capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects and set priorities for a challenging workload.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate may be an upper level univerity student pursuing a public relations, marketing, or similar degree. Self-starter with a minimum of one year (three preferred) of demonstrated success in event coordination and administration.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common journals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, especially for
special events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must adhere to safety and OSHA standards. Observe safety requirements as required by employer and adhere to state and local health and safety regulations.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or mail it to 201 S. Tampania Avenue, Tampa, FL 33609; Subject Heading/Attn: Advancement Specialist.