KMVT a Gray Television station has an opening for a reporter/multi-media journalist. This person will research, shoot, write, edit and present news stories on the air. He/she will also post news content on our website, and be actively involved with social media.
• Experience in college-level broadcast journalism training.
• A college degree in broadcast journalism, or equivalent experience.
• Video examples of on-air work.
• Ability to lift and carry equipment including tripod, camera and lights.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Be willing to work weekends, nights or any given shift.
• Must be able to find enterprise news stories.
• Must be able to work under deadlines.
• Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
If you feel you have these skills, please go here to apply: https://my.peoplematter.com/mja/graytelevision/jobapp/GetStarted?jobOpenings=dcff3b16-ad1e-41b0-9e03-a716016cb589&refererUrl=https://gray.tv/index.php?page=search-jobs
KMVT is the dominate news source for Twin Falls and Central Idaho. Twin Falls offers great scenic views and diverse recreation opportunities. Winter in Idaho bring the opportunity for snow sports all over the state, and our station is 45 minutes from world class skiing in Sun Valley. When the snow melts you can enjoy mountain biking, hiking, fishing, and picnics. Take in views of the massive Snake River Canyon or tee off surrounded by canyon walls and dazzling waterfalls. Home to the “Niagara of the West”, Shoshone Falls is higher than Niagara Falls and a unique and beautiful site to enjoy. Kayak and explore the Snake River or dine in a great local restaurant, featuring fresh Idaho potatoes of course.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.”