Click here to apply: https://gulfside-hospice.careerplug.com/jobs/746391/apps/new
Reporting to the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant coordinates the community education functions of the agency. This position works to identify, pursue and develop community partnerships, community education programs and outreach opportunities, and to promote the agency’s events, programs and activities.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or similar field and at least two years experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. Internships can replace two years of paid experience. (Healthcare or Hospice experience strongly preferred.)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant helps with all aspects of external and internal communications for the agency including:
• Media Relations – writing and sending press releases for appropriate GHPPC events and communicating with the media in a timely and appropriate manner;
• Assisting with the design, printing and ordering of brochures and fliers for external and internal needs;
• Helping with GHPPC’s newsletters for target publics including the community, donors, volunteers and staff;
• Representing GHPPC at community events/health fairs, as well as work in conjunction with other departments to supply material for events when needed;
• Help with the planning and day-of-event needs for GHPPC special events;
• Assisting with GHPPC’s digital marketing components, including:
• Maintaining an up-to-date website for the public to receive information about GHPPC in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and maintaining Social Media presence for GHPPC including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as the Gulfside Blog
• Working within the Hubspot platform for build landing pages, blog posts and emails
CREATION OF COLLATERAL MATERIAL
• With the Community Relations Manager, provides graphic design services or coordinates with outside vendor in utilizing artistic ability, desktop publishing, graphics and digital image software to create a variety of promotional materials that are consistent with the GHPPC brand.
• Interpret internal client’s needs and effectively design a product to meet their goals and objectives. Writes copy as needed for materials.
• Coordinates multiple tasks to meet production deadlines for all collateral material.
• Responsible for finishing in-house products for delivery to internal clients including printing multiple copies, folding, cutting, laminating and collating.
• Maintains an archive of completed designs in print and electronic formats.
• Remains current on all related software, technology and design techniques. Attends occasional workshops to enhance professional competencies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Required proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of advertising and public relations principals and techniques as practiced in the non-profit sector.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handing multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to initiate, coordinate and organize projects/tasks through to completion in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
• Must have above-average verbal and written communication skills and know AP Style for press releases and other written copy.
• Demonstrates courtesy, respect, sound judgment, and professionalism.
• Listens with patience and respect for the other person.
• Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all dealings.
• Maintains a positive attitude and caring spirit.
• Makes effective use of work time to accomplish tasks, keeping personal business, breaks and socializing to a minimum.
• Dependable, trustworthy, and demonstrates appropriate attendance pattern.
• Demonstrates concern for the rights, opinions, privacy and confidentiality of others.
• Willingly seeks new assignments, assumes additional duties when necessary, and takes independent action to identify problems.
• Seeks management involvement when necessary.
• Demonstrates prudent use of company resources.
• Practices Gulfside’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Philosophy in both words and actions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects/tools/controls, reach with hands/arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell. This employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.