Communications Internship (Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Semesters)
As a communications intern, you will closely work with the Communications and IT team in promoting and supporting the Hillsborough County Bar Association’s events, programs and outreach efforts.
- Assist with social media posting and brainstorming
- Produce event flyers and simple graphics
- Assist with website and weekly e-newsletter updates
- Draft short articles and content for Lawyer magazine and proof-read magazine content
- Draft news releases and other collateral
- Assist with event logistics, including taking photos, helping staff with check-in and event set-up
The internship is unpaid and will require at least 12-15 hours a week, more hours are fine if required for college credit. Flexible schedule. Please confirm with your University to determine if this internship meets the requirements for credit.
Office Location: 1610 N. Tampa Street (just north of downtown Tampa, parking provided)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Pursuing a degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or similar field
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a professional setting and represent the Bar Association in public settings
- Strong writer and proof-reader
- Experience with social media and common computer software programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, preferred
- High attention to detail, able to work independently
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks efficiently
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Stacy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Hillsborough County Bar Association
The Hillsborough County Bar Association is one of the largest voluntary bar associations in Florida with a membership of more than 4,000 attorneys, judges and legal professionals. The HCBA is a vibrant, diverse organization that has earned a national reputation for its outstanding programs and events. We coordinate a variety of large and small events and programs annually for our members, including the annual Bench Bar Conference, membership luncheons, continuing education seminars, and public outreach programs. Website: www.hillsbar.com.