Intern, Communications – Minor League Baseball
The Communications Intern assists the Communications department for the summer and fall semester (June-December) with a variety of administrative tasks. Candidates must be available to be present in the designated area(s) during the entirety of the internship.
Reports to: Senior Director, Communications
Location: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Work Hours: Up to 30 hours a week
- Assist in writing and editing press releases, brochures and newsletters
- Assist with the production of the MiLB Information Guide for the following year
- Assist with Player of the Month Award selection and notification process
- Process orders for MiLB publications
- Produce and edit department and event-specific newsletters using HTML code
- Proof web and print materials for consistency, grammatical errors and formatting
- Perform various research projects for clubs, leagues, media and fans, as assigned
- Compile, calculate and distribute attendance information
- Assist in writing scripts for Baseball Winter Meetings and other affiliated events
- Assist and support other departments through research, data collection and compilation, proofreading, etc.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the Senior Director, Communications
Education & Experience:
- Possess or currently be in the process of completing a Bachelors degree in a related area of study with a current GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience with HTML code/website/electronic newsletter coding, proofreading, Adobe systems, social media competency and MS Office preferred
Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of the InDesign program
- Organizational, customer service, interpersonal, multi-tasking, creative thinking and oral and written communication skills required
- Must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- No travel is expected in this position
- Must be able to be present in St. Petersburg, Florida during entirety of internship
- Professional office environment; this position uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Primarily sedentary role; however, some filing required including the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool or lift up to 40 pounds as necessary
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening and social security verification
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates will send cover letter and resume to Sean Brown at SBrown@MiLB.com with “Intern, Communications/Applicant Name” in the subject line.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Minor League Baseball is an Equal Opportunity Employer