Title: Communications Coordinator
Department Number/Name: 100100 Florida College Access Network (FCAN)
College/Division: Provost Office
Location of Position/Campus: Tampa
The Communications Coordinator will assist with the coordination and implementation of communications strategies of the Florida College Access Network (FCAN). FCAN is a statewide network, hosted by the University of South Florida System, devoted to dramatically increasing college and career readiness, access and completion for all Florida students. The Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively with FCAN leadership, staff, and external partners to implement communications strategies that advance FCAN’s long-range goal: for 60% of all working-age Floridians to hold a high quality postsecondary degree or credential by the year 2025. This part-time position is a good opportunity for a graduate student in mass communications, journalism, public administration or a similar field to gain experience and build their portfolio.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinate the development, distribution and timely maintenance of all print and electronic communications including monthly e-newsletter, FCAN website, e-blasts, and blog.
- Support coordination of FCAN events, including annual Florida College Access & Success Summit. Work with event planning consultant, FCAN staff and planning committee on summit registration website, marketing plan, sponsor recognition, speaker coordination, and event logistics.
- Write and edit content for e-newsletter, blog, and eblasts.
- Support FCAN partners by reporting their stories and successes to the broader public through multiple media channels.
- Support FCAN’s strategic communications committee in the development of a strategic communications plan.
- Participate in the implementation of statewide campaigns and programmatic initiatives. Coordinate communications
- Manage FCAN’s social media presence through a variety of platforms, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Manage photo/graphics library
- Perform basic graphic design and HTML (using WordPress)
- Track and report on FCAN communications metrics monthly.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, digital media or a related field.
- Strong writer and storyteller
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Experienced with online social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license and availability for occasional travel
- Experience and/or graduate study in mass communications or related field.
- Advanced WordPress
- Advanced HTML
- Graphic design skills
- Experience with MailChimp
- Highly collaborative style; team player; sincere commitment to working collaboratively with a broad variety of constituent groups
- A passion for FCAN’s mission
- Self-starter; flexible and able to independently, make strategic decisions, generate innovative ideas and solutions, implement new initiatives, and multi-task.
For more information:
Candidates may view more information about the position and submit their application through Careers@USF portal by using this link. For questions, please contact Troy Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 974-2873.