The Marshall Student Center (MSC) Social Media Specialist assists with a wide variety of communication and marketing related projects for the MSC Marketing Department, with particular concentration in online and social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.). The Social Media Specialist will work closely with the Marshall Student Center Communications & Marketing Officer with regard to content, progress, and deadlines.
The Social Media Specialist will initiate strategies and tactics to grow student followers, engage and retain them, and keep them informed of the services, opportunities, and events available to them through the Student Life and Engagement unit of the division of Student Affairs & Student Success. Candidates should be interested in social media marketing trends, enjoy being creative, and want to learn how to create, analyze and adjust for results.
Candidate should be comfortable working 15-20 hours/week. The compensation for this position is $8.05/hour.
Specific Responsibilities Include, But May Not Be Limited To:
- Schedule regular updates to all MSC accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. based on editorial calendar and regular monitoring of related USF accounts.
- Research and create content, contests, videos, etc. that college students will relate to in order to increase traffic to pages and engage followers, as well as support the goals of the Student Life & Engagement unit – Getting Involved!
- Attend MSC and other campus-wide initiatives happening within the MSC (Week of Welcome Kickoff, various Homecoming and USF Week events, Hot Dog You’re Back!, etc) to record video and/or take photos and post on MSC platforms.
- Assist in various MSC events and projects including: attendance at signature events, atrium banners, survey initiatives, etc.
- Clerical and other tasks as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Current USF student enrolled at the Tampa campus with availability to work consistent weekday business hours (between 8 am – 6 pm).
- Marketing and communications student or similar major with experience working with social media, events, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be organized and customer service oriented.
- Intermediate experience with web-based social media and digital imaging equipment (digital still and video cameras, scanners, etc.).
- Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and
- Experience with graphic development using Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledgeable of USF and campus-wide events/initiatives.
- Experience with video editing software, especially Adobe After Effects.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa Beebe at email@example.com.
Applications must be received by November 4, 2016.