Eckerd Kids is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, that has given much-needed second chances to more than 200,000 children and families since its founding by Jack and Ruth Eckerd in 1968. Eckerd Kids serves over 20,000 children and their families each year through life-changing child welfare, juvenile justice and work force development programs in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Eckerd Kids’s mission is to provide and share solutions that promote the well-being of children and families in need of a second chance.
LOCATION: Clearwater, FL
STATUS: 10 – 20+ Hours / Week
EDUCATION: Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Program at an accredited college or university
COMPENSATION: Unpaid; Course credit
This position will support the marketing efforts of Eckerd Kids E-Nini-Hassee program, an all-female residential facility located in Citrus County Florida. Girls are placed in the school by their parents or legal guardians to assist the children with dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with Eckerd Kids team members to increase the number of referrals and admissions that are received by E-Nini-Hassee through digital advertising, social media, and other means.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, + ABILITIES:
- Must be extremely detail oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Strong writing skills
- Communicate effectively in both written + verbal form
- Flexible in work functions + duties
- Ability to manage multiple tasks + meet deadlines
- Proficient in managing large amounts of data + ability to interpret + extract meaningful insight from data
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- PC proficiency + strong skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel) essential
- Must be able to focus for long periods of time at a computer screen given the nature of the digital business
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position and in no way is to be construed as a contract.
Eckerd Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Martin Peters, JD
Senior Director of External Relations