Company: City of Tampa, Public Affairs Division
Office Address: 306 East Jackson Street – Tampa, FL 33602
Internship Supervisor: Jeremy Rex, Senior Graphic Artist & Digital Strategist
Contact Phone: (813) 274-8821
Contact email: Jeremy.email@example.com
The City of Tampa is looking for a talented and creative Social Media Marketing Intern to assist the Public Affairs team in developing and implementing original content on the City’s social media platforms. The intern will play an active role in maintaining and monitoring the City’s accounts, while helping to create new and innovative strategies to broaden the reach of their current social media platforms.
The City of Tampa currently has a presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube, with over 100,000 followers. Their strategic goals for social media are to promote the area and its amenities, provide customer service and guidance to those who need it, educate residents and visitors on programs, initiatives and services available to them and alert the public during emergency situations.
Candidate should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic and enjoy taking on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, community relations, education, and audience development.
- Draft and post content for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram in a timely manner
- Utilize the City’s Social Media Content Calendar to strategically schedule future content
- Perform research to find content relevant to the City’s goals as stated above
- Develop a social media marketing campaign to increase the City’s followers
- Schedule Snapchat Geofilters for upcoming events and/or programs
- Track analytics for all social media platforms and report on plans or strategies to optimize reach
- Create graphics for use on social media with Adobe Photoshop, Canva or similar program
Other opportunities based on availability:
- Host a weekly Snapchat story centered around a different topic based on current events
- Take photographs and video to be used on social media, the website, or in the Mayor’s Weekly View eNewsletter
- Operate Facebook Live and/or Periscope at community events with the Mayor
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms
- Experience with Google Drive and basic photo-editing software. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign a plus.
- Available to work a minimum of 16 hour per week
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
This internship opportunity is unpaid. Student seeking credit hours for internship is preferred, but not required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jeremy Rex at firstname.lastname@example.org.