PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Jan. 11, 2018
Global technology enabler, Syniverse, is looking to add a public relations specialist to its PR team to help coordinate its global employee communications efforts. If being part of a tech company with 30 offices around the world doesn’t catch your eye, you should know Syniverse is one of the largest private employers in Tampa Bay. Plus, the company offers access to an onsite clinic, cafeteria and gym. Apply now if you’re interested, and join the award-winning PR team, which just took home a Silver Anvil last year.
This entry-level position will be responsible for assisting in the coordination and production (writing, editing and formatting) of communications primarily for internal audiences with support for external audiences included. This position also will provide project coordination and administrative support to ensure internal alignment among stakeholders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Research, write, edit and disseminate new content and update existing content for a range of communication channels, including electronic (i.e., employee intranet, external website, email bulletins, social media), print (i.e., corporate magazine) and video
• Provide project coordination and administrative support to ensure alignment across key internal stakeholders and initiatives, including corporate philanthropy and sustainability
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with internal subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of communications materials
• Support industry award and speakership program, including tracking opportunities and developing nominations
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, English or related field
• Prefer cumulative one-year experience in a corporate communications/marketing communications/public relations position or internships
• Knowledge of public relations and communications principles and practices
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as editing experience
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex technical concepts
• Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage and track multiple projects, and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of Associated Press style
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
We’ve been a pioneer in mobile since the dawn of the industry – over 25 years ago – and today we connect more than 1,500 mobile operators, enterprises, ISPs and OTTs in almost 200 countries. We empower enterprises to reach their customers with services that leverage multiple mobile channels, including voice calling, text messaging, push notification, email, and social media. We also help mobile service providers address today’s challenges of connectivity and interoperability through solutions for LTE, roaming, mobile engagement, fraud, and revenue assurance that work regardless of device, network, or location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not designed to be utilized as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.