IM RUSSERT FELLOWSHIP (TV Content & Production)/NBCUniversal/DC: The Tim Russert Fellowship will be awarded to one motivated, passionate graduating student interested in pursuing a career in political journalism. Deadline for app is April 27, 2018
The Tim Russert Fellowship
TV Content & Production
NBC News and MSNBC
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
· The deadline for the application for the 2018-2019 Fellowship is Friday, April 27, 2018 at 5PM Eastern Time.
· The Tim Russert Fellowship will be awarded to one motivated, passionate graduating student interested in pursuing a career in political journalism. The Fellowship is a one-year, paid position in the NBC News Washington, D.C. Bureau. The fellow will work on a rotational basis in several areas of the Washington Bureau including “Meet the Press” and the NBC News Political Unit. Responsibilities will include assisting talent and producers, participating in news shoots, and story research. The goal is to give a talented journalist the opportunity to be mentored by seasoned NBC News staff members and experience a yearlong “boot camp” in political journalism.
· This is a one-year position. The program runs twelve months and consists of several long-term rotations in the Washington, DC Bureau. Relocation expenses are not covered.
HOW TO APPLY
· Upload your resume, cover letter, and essay (maximum of 250 words).
· What role should the media play in our nation’s political discourse?
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or Political Science
· Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
· Active involvement in journalism through work experience, on campus media involvement and/or internships
· Applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
· Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
· Must be willing to sign a one year employment contract.
· Highly motivated individuals
· Commitment to Television News Production as a career
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
· Proven leadership skills
· Proven commitment to community service
· Familiarity shooting with digital camera
· Familiarity with desktop editing
District of Columbia
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
STUDENT GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Marshall Student Center (MSC) Graphic Designer assists with a wide variety of print and digital media projects promoting services and events to students from the Marshall Student Center and other departments within the Community Development & Student Engagement unit.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Marshall Student Center Communications & Marketing Officer in all aspects of this position.
Candidates should be comfortable working 15-20 hours/week. The compensation for this
position is $9.00/hour.
Projects may include but not limited to:
• Promotional Items/T-shirts
• LCD Screens
• Email Newsletters
• Clerical and other tasks as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Current USF student enrolled at the Tampa campus with availability to work consistent
weekday business hours (between 8 am – 6 pm).
• Demonstrated ability in graphic design
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator) and the creative and print
• Must have proven understanding of page design elements and file formatting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be organized and customer-service oriented.
• Knowledge of photography and videography, including video editing software,
especially Adobe After Effects.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter, resume, and online portfolio (or PDF examples) to Lisa Beebe at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received no later than Friday, April 13, 2018.
Date posted 03/30/2018
Requisition Number: 214396BRLocation: United States – Florida – St. PetersburgA
rea of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Internship/Trainee, News, Television/Programming
Position Type: Intern
About Spectrum Networks Internship: Spectrum Networks is seeking talented, creative, technical, highly self-motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team of interns! From first interview through program completion, we offer students a competitive and exciting learning experience which will position you for future news/sports journalism and production opportunities. We take great pride in nurturing up-and-coming stars of tomorrow by providing a behind-the-scenes look at Spectrum News and/or Spectrum Sports. Selected candidates will gain a unique opportunity to work alongside award-winning employees who support the organization’s growth, subscriber retention and profitability.
About Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a suite of 27 News Channels and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels. With live events, in-depth shows and exclusive local programming, Spectrum Networks is dedicated to the lives and interests of Spectrum customers.
Experience You Will Gain: Spectrum Networks Internships provides you with meaningful, real-world experience that will aid in developing confidence and marketable skills for the future. Our for-credit Internship will provide you with experiential learning in a professional setting that integrates what you have learned in the classroom. The experience of being a Spectrum Networks Intern will provide you with invaluable experiences in news and sports, and will also allow you to develop your professional skills. You will expand your network and build upon your current resume, all while having fun! Upon the successful completion of the program you will earn a stipend as a thank you for participating.
Internship Dates: June 4 – August 10
Spectrum Networks offers internship opportunities in the following areas:
• Traffic Reporting: The traffic reporting intern will learn the state of the art systems used to translate information about traffic conditions into readily consumable traffic reports as well as the importance of old fashioned information gathering in that process. The intern will shadow the traffic reporter in the field and will assist in the production of traffic stories.
• Digital Media: Assist in the creation, editing and publishing of digital content; assist staff with production of interactive features and contribute to social media initiatives.
• Meteorology: Shadow and work closely with staff meteorologists on developing forecasts and updating graphics for on-air use.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete core assignment (noted above) provided by the respective department and/or functional area
• Complete portfolio project, individually or group based determined by manager
• Attend internship development activities as scheduled
• Shadow Spectrum Networks Team Members
• Participate in rotating opportunities where applicable
• Be enthusiastic, communicative and open to learning new things every day!
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well with diverse populations
• Ability to interface with internal company personnel and build relationships
• Requires ability to adapt proactively and positively solve problems
Eligibility Requirements: Only the best and brightest need apply. To be considered for a Spectrum Networks internship you must:
1. Be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm degree program
2. Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
3. Students must be 18 years of age or older
4. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
5. Must be willing to participate for a term of 10 weeks (20-25 hours weekly)
6. Must agree not to miss more than three (3) days of the internship program
7. Willing and able to uphold a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, and breaking news events
8. Must receive course credit for participation in the program
9. One (1) letter of recommendation
• Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
• Majors in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Sports Business, Marketing, Finance etc.,
• Previous internship experience
• Demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities a plus
• Office environment
• Occasional local travel where applicable
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Click here to apply: https://gulfside-hospice.careerplug.com/jobs/746391/apps/new
Reporting to the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant coordinates the community education functions of the agency. This position works to identify, pursue and develop community partnerships, community education programs and outreach opportunities, and to promote the agency’s events, programs and activities.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or similar field and at least two years experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. Internships can replace two years of paid experience. (Healthcare or Hospice experience strongly preferred.)
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with the Community Relations Manager, the Community Relations Assistant helps with all aspects of external and internal communications for the agency including:
• Media Relations – writing and sending press releases for appropriate GHPPC events and communicating with the media in a timely and appropriate manner;
• Assisting with the design, printing and ordering of brochures and fliers for external and internal needs;
• Helping with GHPPC’s newsletters for target publics including the community, donors, volunteers and staff;
• Representing GHPPC at community events/health fairs, as well as work in conjunction with other departments to supply material for events when needed;
• Help with the planning and day-of-event needs for GHPPC special events;
• Assisting with GHPPC’s digital marketing components, including:
• Maintaining an up-to-date website for the public to receive information about GHPPC in a timely manner;
• Monitoring and maintaining Social Media presence for GHPPC including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as the Gulfside Blog
• Working within the Hubspot platform for build landing pages, blog posts and emails
CREATION OF COLLATERAL MATERIAL
• With the Community Relations Manager, provides graphic design services or coordinates with outside vendor in utilizing artistic ability, desktop publishing, graphics and digital image software to create a variety of promotional materials that are consistent with the GHPPC brand.
• Interpret internal client’s needs and effectively design a product to meet their goals and objectives. Writes copy as needed for materials.
• Coordinates multiple tasks to meet production deadlines for all collateral material.
• Responsible for finishing in-house products for delivery to internal clients including printing multiple copies, folding, cutting, laminating and collating.
• Maintains an archive of completed designs in print and electronic formats.
• Remains current on all related software, technology and design techniques. Attends occasional workshops to enhance professional competencies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Required proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of advertising and public relations principals and techniques as practiced in the non-profit sector.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handing multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to initiate, coordinate and organize projects/tasks through to completion in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and quality.
• Must have above-average verbal and written communication skills and know AP Style for press releases and other written copy.
• Demonstrates courtesy, respect, sound judgment, and professionalism.
• Listens with patience and respect for the other person.
• Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all dealings.
• Maintains a positive attitude and caring spirit.
• Makes effective use of work time to accomplish tasks, keeping personal business, breaks and socializing to a minimum.
• Dependable, trustworthy, and demonstrates appropriate attendance pattern.
• Demonstrates concern for the rights, opinions, privacy and confidentiality of others.
• Willingly seeks new assignments, assumes additional duties when necessary, and takes independent action to identify problems.
• Seeks management involvement when necessary.
• Demonstrates prudent use of company resources.
• Practices Gulfside’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Philosophy in both words and actions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects/tools/controls, reach with hands/arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell. This employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Website URL: https://www.813area.com/
Briefly Describe Your Organization
MyArea Network is a city guide to all the great nightlife, events, restaurants and more in each city we’re in nationwide. In Tampa, 813area.com, leads to you the best dining, shopping, where to live and play and how to find the best events in the Tampa Bay area. MyArea Network publishes weekly content and offers full-service advertising to each client as a digital media and marketing firm.
Briefly Describe Anticipated Intern Tasks:
Every applicant should be organized and detailed oriented and able to multitask, working with each department in our Company. Only positive team players should apply. Each candidate should be able to work in a team-oriented, professional environment but also be able to work autonomously. Candidates should be deadline driven and creative thinkers. Relevant course-work or previous work experience is a plus. A personal laptop to bring and work off of is preferred, but not required. MyArea Network works with a broad range of local and national clients which will provide rich networking opportunities for every intern.
Interns in the content department will help staffers create articles/content for publication each week. They need basic writing and editing skills but will have the opportunity to work with our seasoned staff to develop their skills.
Graphic Art Department
Basic knowledge of design concepts is a must. Knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud is required. Interns will predominately work in Photoshop, but some InDesign or Illustrator projects may arise. A small portfolio to show previous design projects is a plus.
Graphic Art Interns will design display ads that will be seen on our sites across the nation; assist with designing print and point-of-sale materials, designing social media campaigns; proofing, editing or coming up with design concepts and campaigns for clients; basic WordPress web design and development.
Account Management Department interns will work with our staff and learn our we manage each phase of the sales process and our clients.
Name: Collin Sherwin
Title: Content Manager